1 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2018-12-15 09:44:10)

Topic: thoughts on the Sonic movie?

I think we should have something new to discuss amongst ourselves. It's been a while.
Anyway, here are my thoughts...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeloEoey-Yw

Re: thoughts on the Sonic movie?

My thoughts about the movie are that while Sonic’s design is a little off and the overall premise of him escaping the government with a cop makes barely any sense, I think that the movie still has a chance to be good.

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

I'm not against the idea of a Sonic live action movie, in fact I'm fine with it. But Sonic's look on those posters hasn't eased my concerns about the movie.

From what we've seen so far in regards to Sonic's design, it's hideous, particularly the legs bug me the most (they look like a man's legs sprayed painted blue). Also, am I the only one who's bothered by the fact he isn't wearing gloves or socks? Sonic looks so strange without them. There's also the potential of the infamous B L U E A R M S coming back and a real hedgehog face on the design which I (and others) would be best without.

Also, I'm a little concerned small children will find movie Sonic terrifying, heck, adults find this design creepy and that could really effect the film's performance and approval from Sonic fans and everyday moviegoers, even if the story is good and well thought out.

Overall, I'd honestly prefer if they stayed true to what he looked like in the games, but clearly that's not what Paramount wants to do.

Apologies for this very ranty comment. Just wanted to get my opinion out there.

PS: If there's one good thing I could say about Sonic's movie design so far, well... it's made some great memes.

videonerd91 wrote:

My thoughts about the movie are that while Sonic’s design is a little off and the overall premise of him escaping the government with a cop makes barely any sense, I think that the movie still has a chance to be good.

Sounds a bit like Sonic X...

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:
videonerd91 wrote:

I walked right into that one.  tongue

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:
videonerd91 wrote:

You know, now that you mention it, it does sound like Sonic X.

Well it got delayed to redesign Sonic, so not all hope is lost.

MetalSonicCD wrote:

And here we are, new redesign looks good, can't wait for the movie.

MetalSonicCD wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:

And here we are, new redesign looks good, can't wait for the movie.

Same. What a wild ride that was.