Topic: Sonic Forces - Honest Opinion?

I thought the game was amazing, but too short and bad Classic Sonic controls.

Infinite tho.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Re: Sonic Forces - Honest Opinion?

Interesting. I've never seen a person say Forces was amazing. You're one of a kind and that's not a bad thing at all.

By the way, what did you create as the Avatar?

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

BakaBlake wrote:

Interesting. I've never seen a person say Forces was amazing. You're one of a kind and that's not a bad thing at all.

My t u b e t o w e l m a n .

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
BakaBlake wrote:

My t u b e t o w e l m a n .

Please send a pic.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

The acceleration in 3D is god awful, and classic feels like a shoe horn. The levels are designed poorly and are way too short.

You know what would be a really good Sonic game? Stages would turn with you but have a fixed fish eye lens camera, but you can still move in a Z axis.

If only there was a Sonic game like that.

MetalSonicCD wrote:

classic feels like a shoe horn

Classic controls so terribly. The last full on classic level was so difficult cause he would never outrun the rockets.

MetalSonicCD wrote:

The levels are designed poorly and are way too short.

While I didn't find the levels to be poorly designed, the storyline even with Episode:Shadow is WAY too short. I beat it in like a day.

MetalSonicCD wrote:

Stages would turn with you but have a fixed fish eye lens camera, but you can still move in a Z axis.

If only there was a Sonic game like that.

And it'd be cool if it had input from former developers, is made by an artist, who is also a huge Sonic fan, and is remaking a cancelled game!

I'll see myself out.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

7 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2017-11-16 21:04:56)

toonjoey wrote:

Infinite tho.

Would you recommend it?

Taco of Curiosity wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

Infinite tho.

Would you recommend it?

Its not bad, it's just not good either. It has fun parts, I would say it's worth buying used at Gamestop and returning it in 7 days. That or burning through the campaign and refunding on steam before 2 hours is up.

Taco of Curiosity wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

Infinite tho.

Would you recommend it?

If you want a game to scratch that boost, Deviantart and Mania 1.5 itch, totally. But otherwise don't get it.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

10 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2017-11-17 20:58:27)

If I do decide to get it, I'll probably wait until the price goes down. 50 dollars doesn't seem to be worth the length of this game; being 4-5 hours at best. Even if Forces didn't match the hype, I'm still happy that we got Mania. Anyway, thanks for your opinions! smile

P.S. I still don't understand why Classic Sonic is in Forces. I'm not against Classic Sonic, not at all, (that's how I was introduced to this series) but Sega makes it seem like Modern Sonic can't handle things on his own, like he's incapable, as if they're saying: "Classic Sonic is better than Modern Sonic". I mean, did anybody else feel that way,when they found out both Sonics were in this game? Just curious. In Generations, it made sense; they were trying something new, and most importantly, it was an important part of the plot, whereas Classic Sonic is sorta thrown in like "oh yeah, he's in there too" Not trying to rant or anything, just thought I would ask. Thanks smile

Taco of Curiosity wrote:

If I do decide to get it, I'll probably wait until the price goes down. 50 dollars doesn't seem to be worth the length of this game; being 4-5 hours at best. Even if Forces didn't match the hype, I'm still happy that we got Mania. Anyway, thanks for your opinions! smile

P.S. I still don't understand why Classic Sonic is in Forces. I'm not against Classic Sonic, not at all, (that's how I was introduced to this series) but Sega makes it seem like Modern Sonic can't handle things on his own, like he's incapable, as if they're saying: "Classic Sonic is better than Modern Sonic". I mean, did anybody else feel that way,when they found out both Sonics were in this game? Just curious. In Generations, it made sense; they were trying something new, and most importantly, it was an important part of the plot, whereas Classic Sonic is sorta thrown in like "oh yeah, he's in there too" Not trying to rant or anything, just thought I would ask. Thanks smile

Not much Classic in Forces. 8 levels counting his bosses out of 30 levels (again counting bosses).

Tag team has like 4 levels or something, I'm too lazy to count lol.

It's also 20$ IIRC. The post game is IMMENSE.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

12 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2017-11-17 21:30:02)

toonjoey wrote:
Taco of Curiosity wrote:

Not much Classic in Forces. 8 levels counting his bosses out of 30 levels (again counting bosses).

Tag team has like 4 levels or something, I'm too lazy to count lol.

It's also 20$ IIRC. The post game is IMMENSE.

I'm not from the US, so the price is slightly higher. Also, I checked Amazon. Forces for the Switch is about $30 and the other versions are about $55. (Not including the shipping)