1 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2016-10-21 19:37:56)

Topic: Hey guys!

Hi!  smile

I'm the Taco of Curiosity and I'm very happy to be here! I've been interested in the story of Sonic X-treme for a long time and I love learning about the obscure details of this great game such as the concepts considered (for levels, characters, bosses, etc.) and what happened during development. Also, I'm thrilled that Andrew is recreating the game because it looked so much fun to play! (Could you imagine getting the finished game for Christmas 20 years ago?)  and with today's technology and resources, we can make the game even better than what it was originally going to be! I'm looking forward to it! Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and I hope you guys have a Happy Halloween!

BOO!  lol
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      -Taco of Curiosity wink

Re: Hey guys!

Welcome!

I do have a remake of the game on the Saturn...very different from AXSX (Andrews game). tongue

It is being worked on more than this other misc. game that I have (it's conceptual). So far mostly all of the concepts are done, but now we just need some programmers, a disassembly of the boss engine, and there we go.

I just do it for fun and there's no intent on being "better" than Andrews stuff (in fact if he wants I could do a collab with him)...just aiming to stick to the concepts instead of straying away from them slightly.

But anyway yeah, welcome!

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Thanks for answering! I think it's pretty cool that were having two different takes on Sonic X-treme being worked on at the same time! (More Sonic X-treme for me to play, yay!) And while that, yours is going to be on the Saturn and I heard of alot of people who want to play Sonic X-treme on it. So, that's really cool, we're getting a PC version AND a Saturn version! People will be impressed of your work and Andrew's work! Looking forward to it. By the way, what is the miscellaneous game you mentioned you were working on?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              -Taco smile

I'll go in detail and offer up a conceptual asset.

So it's going to be a 2D sidescroller with a Sonic 3 approach art-wise. The camera would be zoomed out a bit and it's set in Toontown Onlines universe. The game tries to explain what happened on the day of the games closure from my point of view.

I don't have a prototype up and running but there's a bunch of concept art I created (I believe I made some last school year but if I did it's unfortunately lost now), showing ideas for levels, gameplay elements, characters and even an iOS port.

Here's one of the assets I've made--it's terrible because it's to guide me in what to make.
http://imgur.com/s8C0BAr.png
This is for an airship level I designed. I may just use some X-treme assets for backgrounds and call it a day, but many levels I worked my butt off trying to think of for variety would be scrapped so maybe not, IDK.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Welcome welcome !

AXSX Lead

6 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2016-12-02 20:40:50)

Andrew75 wrote:

Welcome welcome !

Oh hi! Nice to meet you, Andrew! Love the work you're doing!  big_smile
Happy Holidays!

Thanks man ! and yeah doing more work, soon as I figure out an issue I can finally complete a major milestone with texture work in AXSX and I may make a video.

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:

Thanks man ! and yeah doing more work, soon as I figure out an issue I can finally complete a major milestone with texture work in AXSX and I may make a video.

Awesome!   smile