1 (edited by CHAPAPA96 2010-11-27 00:21:22)

Topic: Progress?

Just wondering how far you guys have gotten in development with this boss. Have you even begun working on him? . Thankyou smile

Music that's cool that I have been into recently...
-Genesis: Suppers ready & I know what I like
-Egg: The civil surface (the whole album)
-Yes: Close to The Edge

Re: Progress?

We recently had a "constructive argument" about him.  Since we plan on using him as Jade Gully's boss, programming wise we have not touched him though.

The argument was about his height.  Andrew thinks we should shrink him down and make him a similar size to sonic, but I think we should keep him slightly bigger then sonic.  Nack doesn't appear to be way too oversized like Metal Sonic (we call him metson as a shortened name).

My evidence would be, Nack has been in 3 games so far.  Two of them on the GameGear and the final one Sonic the Fighters.  In all the game he appears to be the same size as Sonic, but in all the drawings of Nack, he appears to me more slinder and taller than Sonic, and I used that as an argument toward the fact the Nack should be slightly taller than Sonic in the boss battle.

What do you think?

I agree with the idea of making him larger than sonic. Since it seems you guys are trying to make it as close to the original as possible all of the screens i've seen he is a tad larger than sonic. I vote larger.

If Nack is a robot (or something like that), then it would make sense to have him larger then Sonic.

However, if Nack is the 'real' Nack, then he should probably be the same size as Sonic, but with some sort of weapon, as is Sonic the Fighters.

I remember seeing in one screenshot him blowing sonic up.Maybe he could shoot a bomb of sorts. Does anyone else have any imput?

It has been a while since I last played Sonic the Fighters.  I will have to take a look.

The answer your question Chapapa, I think his gun shoots some sort of sphere that when contacts sonic it blows up.  I have also seen the screen shot, and if you look at other screenshots, you will see orange spheres floating around the screen.  I believe that they come from Nack's gun.

I know Nack is the same size as Sonic in the Game Gear games, but my excuse for that was the Game Gear had a low resolution screen, so making Nack larger he would take up most of the screen, but then I noticed that Sonic The Fighters had him as the same height as well, and I can't really explain that, unless it was some sort of technical limitations, where all the characters had to be the same size.

I think Nack should be larger than sonic because thats what it looks like in the screenshots.

supersonicxx wrote:

I think Nack should be larger than sonic because thats what it looks like in the screenshots.

I agree here. The fact that this project's intention is to recreate what Sonic X-Treme would have been I think following the ideas that were originally being implemented is best. Not to mention if playing this game is anything like the Metal Sonic demo I found on youtube it is irritating trying to hit 3d targets with a 2d rendered character and little to no camera control. Again, that's based on a demo I played from youtube that is probably not in any way associated with AXSX.