1 (edited by toonjoey 2016-03-18 11:16:57)

Topic: Discoveries of my own

I told you I was smart at computers!

This thread is for discoveries through browsing all of the files, changing variables, blah blah blah...

Here are some of my first:

Most of the files are slightly corrupted. Some have a bunch of duplicates, others are generic.

Nack shows an animation in the pic with the explosion. Currently unknown.

I tried getting the fabled "SNCRUNL3" in, only to have it load!...a placeholder graphic. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Also, it looks like it handles SOMETHING. We probably wont know, but when it loaded, the fish badniks pallete was fixed...

Hope you enjoyed, there are way more to follow!

EDIT:By "others are generic", I mean some will be named something that makes you think "OH MY GOSH THIS IS SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE US MORE INFO. QUICKLY, GOTTA TEST IT!" and it's something like a checkerboard.

EDEDIT:Before you question why I bumped the post:this is, in fact, a progress-type post.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

2 (edited by toonjoey 2016-03-17 22:13:03)

Re: Discoveries of my own

Here's a TO-DO of 037/040:

Find what SNCRUNL3 does. We probably know by now, so I don't know.

Get "LEVEL02" and "LEVEL03" to open.

Find out how to talk to Chris Senn, he could hand us a little help on Spinslash sprites. (Proof diagonal sprites exist:NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK)

(This one is for me) Find Z12 or whatever.

EDIT:Specifying my 2nd TD:I mean I want it to open in PackageX. It wont load.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

SNCRUNL3 is just 1 frame. ive opened it in photoshop

its nice to see how our favorite games evolved from conception to reality

4 (edited by toonjoey 2016-03-17 22:11:43)

SNCRUNL3 (placeholder) looks like it has 2 frames. I'll detail them the best I can.

1:Red light
2:Grey light

Yeah, incredibly generic. roll

Also, darkspire, if you're able to view it in PS, does it give an error?

Example:
"SNCRUNL3 is not a valid PCX file."
(I'm on GIMP, I don't know yours tongue)

EDIT:Darn you, forums. One of my comments had an error that put the comment wrong. It just said "NACK" with the A repeated a bunch.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

i mean not photoshop XD. paint.net. and no i get no errors

HOLY DOODLE PARTY HQ OFFICE CLOUD (insert other Toontown Rewritten updates that are being worked on), guys, darkspire is solving it.

So, describe what it looks like, and can I have a link to paint.net?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

all it is is one of his idle sprites. i belive its slightly at an angle

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7800597

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

SNCRUNL3 is included in original files.

Also, with Mars(?) Sonic in RSRC02, I think we can bet this was taken a while after a sprite overhaul.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

So, with spring break, I can dissect info even more.

But first a question. How would I change water in RSRC02 to an actor?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

11 (edited by toonjoey 2016-03-18 11:32:44)

Been busy for now, haven't played X-treme.

Good news is I got my buddy from school to help me.
Bad news is he's probably not joining the forum.

I'll post what he finds here.

EDIT:He rejected. sad Oh well.

I don't think his computer would be able to run it, either.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Z17 FINALLY LOADED!

And hey, this is some GROUND-BREAKING info! It's gonna use stuff like bold and italics to keep you in!

So for starters, I found something useful:source code!

And this, oooooh this, is majestic.

PoVs STI TO POV SOURCE!...

Kinda.

See, the way to launch it has not been found. All I DID find were some files for 040. Well, this is gonna take a while.

I also got a hold of a 038 file. It looks like there was some alt. enemy--oooh!

Looking through the "Unmodified Levels", it seems the ones in "PCFILES" looks like it belongs to a def maker of some type.

Alot of the levels are generic, according to the PackageX leak.

And there we go! This (At least I hope) will be helpful to X-treme fans of all types, and I certainly hope you enjoy!

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Something I discovered before I joined the forum. It isn't huge, but a bit of an oversight by the team reviving this.

In the editor, you may notice Sonic goes slow and jumps INCREDIBLY HIGH!

Well, after learning I can open .DEF files with Notepad, and learning X-tremes code, I discovered all of Sonics physics in 037 are stored in:
(Editor file, if you extracted its contents to a folder)/SYSRSRC/DEF/

So I say "Alright, let's do this." and open it.

Guess what?

THE GLOBAL.DEF WAS 040!

No matter, a simple replacement was all that was needed.

Soooo yeah! big_smile

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

14 (edited by toonjoey 2016-03-18 17:01:42)

When you realise this is probably going to solve all of X-treme (Well, at least all of 037)
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYdcts … e=youtu.be[/youtube]
WATCH THE WHOLE VIDEO.

EDIT:Or at the very least, skip ahead to 0:13.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

http://pastebin.com/K4d7S16t
What happens if you open X-treme 037 in a Hex Editor.
Seems purty cool.

The beginning says "This program cannot be run in DOS mode"

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................¤...  A.ActorTypes..ATT.ActorType...NEWACTORTYPE....{...}....ðÿÿ\...þÿ..%...Bitmaps.System Bitmaps..NEWBITMAP...BMP.BMap....Bitmaps3D...............System Bitmaps3D....BMP3D...BMap3D..Cemras..NEWCAMERA...CAM.Camera..!MainCamera.Sky&Floor...Background..CubeDefs....CDF.CubeDef.NEWCUBETYPE. CDF_EmptyCube..SYSTEM.. ...rb..SYSTEM:Basic01..DEF.SYSTEM:MAINFONT.SYSTEM:TINYFONT.SYSTEM:BLAKFONT.LST.IList...Levels..LVL.Level...Lights..LIT.Light...VAL.VarVal..PTR.Ptr.HDL.Handle..Oscilators..OSC.Oscilator...PButtons....PBT.PButton.PLT.SONIC_Gravity...SONIC_Wind..SONIC_MaxRun....SONIC_MaxJump...........SONIC_Acceleration..............SONIC_AirFriction...SONIC_Size..SONIC_JumpDuration..SONIC_Magnet....SONIC_Friction..SONIC_Elastic...CAMERA_MaxDist..CAMERA_MinDist..............SYSTEM:Sonic:Ball01.PlayerTxtr..SYSTEM:Sonic:STANDF:Stnd0001....Sonic-StandF....SYSTEM:Sonic:STANDL:Stnd0009....Sonic-StandL....SYSTEM:Sonic:STANDB:Stnd0017....Sonic-StandB....SYSTEM:Sonic:STANDR:Stnd0009....Sonic-StandR....SYSTEM:Sonic:RUNF:Run0001...Sonic-RunF..........SYSTEM:Sonic:RUNL:Run0017...Sonic-RunL..........SYSTEM:Sonic:RUNB:Run0033...Sonic-RunB..........SYSTEM:Sonic:RUNR:Run0017...Sonic-RunR..........SYSTEM:Sonic:Spin01.Sonic-Spin..PlayerActor.Palettes....Palette.NEWPALETTE..SYSTEM:SysPlt...SYS_PALETTE.Qubix...QBX.,...)...+...UNDEFINED...(...-...*.../...|...&...^...STRING..VALUES..VALUE...OPTION..FLAGS...TYPE....COLOR...YES.NO..DEFAULT.BREAK...PRINT...WAITCLICK...DEFINE..INSERTDEFINITIONFILE....ACTIONID....TITLE...WIDTH...HEIGHT..PICT....FILENAMES...FILENAME....OSCILATOR...BITMAP..EXTRACTBITMAPS..TEXTURE.SPRITE..CUBESIDE....RENDERMODE..DIRECTION...COLOR16.SPECULARCOLOR...BACKGROUNDCOLOR.OPEQUE..SCALEH..SCALEV..ANIMRATE....PALLETEINDEX....BACKDROPTEXTURE.SCALEZ..SCALEY..Version ....gVisibleScreen..gOffScreen..Textures....TXR.Txtr....NEWTEXTURE..Variables...VAR.Variable....SYS_VAR  1.00...SYS_VAR  0.75...SYS_VAR  0.50...SYS_VAR  0.25...SYS_VAR  0.00...SYS_VAR -0.25...SYS_VAR -0.50...SYS_VAR -0.75...SYS_VAR -1.00...SYS_LVL_Start.......SYS_LVL_CycleCount..SYS_SNC_Rings...SYS_SNC_Spins...USER_VAR  1.USER_VAR  2.USER_VAR  3.USER_VAR  4.USER_VAR  5.SYS_TopShading..SYS_RightShading................SYS_BottomShading...............SYS_LeftShading.SYS_FrontShading................SYS_BackShading.SYS_FrameRate...generic.unknown error...iostream....iostream stream error...system..SonicBoom v37 OpenGL - Frame time:%02.1lf ms....SonicBoom v37 OpenGL....Error: %s...Status: Using GLEW %s...OpenGL on %s %s.....OpenGL version supported %s.....GLSL version supported %s...GL version major, minor: %i.%i..Joypad detected: %s, %s.....MP3.string too long.invalid string position.´„A.Ð.A.€.A...A...A.`.A. .A.\…A.Ð.A.p.A.€.A...A.`.A. .A..…A.Ð.A...A. .A...A.`.A. .A..…A.Ð.A.æSA.æSA...A.`.A. .A.ERROR: [CJoypad]  The device should have been acquired during the Poll()....vector<T> too long..Ð…A.°1A.À-A.à-A...A...A. .A.0.A.@.A.P.A.`.A.p.A.€.A...A. .A.À.A.Ð.A.à.A.ð.A../A../A. /A.0/A.À.A.@/A.P/A.`/A.À.A.p/A.€/A../A.À.A. /A.°/A.À/A.À.A.Ð/A.à/A.ð/A..0A..0A.00A.P0A.p0A.SYSTEM:GLOBAL...Definition File.Level01.Load Level..*...pcx.....FILE ERROR..File name is too long. Loading aborted..NT=%d

This...did Jolly code this?

Alot of references to normal code.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Sorry for saying something off topic, but is this: http://www.senntertain.com/ Senns site?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Interesting thing in the 718 demo:

COPYRIGHT(C) SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD. 1994 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

In SaturnOrbit this shows. Therefore, it looks like 718 hadn't been made at the very end of X-treme.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

SEGASYSTEMV1.00019940823CD-1/1  JTUBKAEL        J               SYSTEM-DISC     [KD02]

Mhm. This is the demo we wanted alright.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

718 was the boss engien. the boss engien was converted in 1994 from sonic mars on the 32x (if im correct) they converted the engien and brought it over to the saturn. after that the boss engien was later being converted into the condor engien (witch took about 9 months to complete) if i remember correctly

No not really, IIRC this was a little tech demo before stuff like extra zones, Sonic model, etc.. However those were just some later builds from AFTER the whole Condor thing.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

718 is the boss engine in mid conversion into condor. using placeholder assets from xtreme before his 3d model and the rest of the assets where completed. it allso seems the sonic pool game was connected with condor. considering you can see balls and a portal in the "rock zone" as i call it. sonic pool was probaly using the engine

Nah, I imagined it more like Super Mario 64.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Speakin' of, does anyone wanna try and work on X-treme using 718?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Anyone want me to do a mod for X-treme?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

I imported the X-treme spin slash sprites with little luck, can someone help me?

The pallete shows up incorrect.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here