Topic: AXSX UDK Version scrapped.

Heya guys ! I have some Bad news and some good news !

AXSX has gotten so far along to the point that we could have called it a near finished sonic engine with almost everything one could want from a Sonic engine. except for some game breaking bugs.

The bad news:
Issues relating to Unrealscript's limitations, and the shoty collision system that wont allow us to rotate the collision cylinder with Sonic's pawn causes gameplay issues that are game breaking when world rotations are in effect. So unless we had a full legal version of Unreal 3 with exposed source code to fix the issues, they would never be fixed.

The Good news:
AXSX is being ported over to Unreal 4 As we speak, it'll be a bit slow but the migration of assets is well underway, thank god that I don't have to build assets from the ground up this time around except for Materials.
I guess this could be considerd Bad news as well because there wont be any releases for quite some time.

I'm sorry guys.......

AXSX Lead

Re: AXSX UDK Version scrapped.

its ok andrew. hicups happen. its only natural. but now you have hyped me up even more for release XD

its nice to see how our favorite games evolved from conception to reality

3 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2016-03-12 08:16:33)

Only thing I question is why couldn't you get a "full legal version" of Unreal 3 then? Does it have to do with costs? Am I misunderstanding something?

What I fear in regard to this is the upgrade will lessen even more the chance that I can actually run finalized AXSX decently on my available hardware, and I don't really have the funds to buy/build a whole new machine of my own before that's said.

sad oh .... dang  sad

i guess its just a matter of time for things to be back to the normal pace  smile good luck

勇気だけは言めてやる、
かかって来い!
I Only respect your courage,
Bring It!

A lot has already been done asset porting wise.

AXSX Lead

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/45822918.jpg

Almost done with Asset porting! Just wraping up on levels that I had rebuilt !

AXSX Lead

9 (edited by toonjoey 2016-06-27 14:23:24)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/684502489505267713/MyVdiWCz.jpg
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Literally, sounds exciting! Wonder if this will increase any development process (Not rushing you although it may seem like that, just asking for a status report essentially lol).

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

assets are ported about 96% now , gameplay is 0 %

AXSX Lead

How hard is it to port the assets, just asking?

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Its easy, but all tedious manual labor ! It's super time consuming because there are literally over 25,000 assets, being slow is a real head ache !
basically I have to re-set-up everything I did in UDK the same way for unreal 4.

AXSX Lead

13 (edited by toonjoey 2016-06-28 11:35:08)

Oh yeesh. At least you aren't me--I'm trying to fix up the levels in PackageX and STAR08A.DEF is giving me a bunch of texture errors. It seems Senn had forgotten to implement MANY textures into the game. You might think "No sweat, the game doesn't utilize the textures". From my understanding they do--at least for the alpha channels.

Speaking of Senn, I noticed something. The level you can play in 040 is a checkered platform and a few ring sprites. You also use a Sonic sprite.

What was POVs "bad" build? A checkered platform with a Sonic sprite and a ring (According to Senn).

Now you may say "The difference was you couldn't move" and "They forced an older version".

Take a good look when you put the 042 GLOBAL.DEF in 040.

You can't move. Weird, eh?

I might be overthinking this but I think POV acidentally ported the 042 GLOBAL.DEF to 040 and hit the deadline for presentation with no time to recode the GLOBAL.DEF, and Senn just had a pretty bad memory of the presentation.

(Now we need an /r/POVdefensesquad to defend POV for the builds)

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:

Oh yeesh. At least you aren't me--I'm trying to fix up the levels in PackageX and STAR08A.DEF is giving me a bunch of texture errors. It seems Senn had forgotten to implement MANY textures into the game. You might think "No sweat, the game doesn't utilize the textures". From my understanding they do--at least for the alpha channels.

Speaking of Senn, I noticed something. The level you can play in 040 is a checkered platform and a few ring sprites. You also use a Sonic sprite.

What was POVs "bad" build? A checkered platform with a Sonic sprite and a ring (According to Senn).

Now you may say "The difference was you couldn't move" and "They forced an older version".

Take a good look when you put the 042 GLOBAL.DEF in 040.

You can't move. Weird, eh?

I might be overthinking this but I think POV acidentally ported the 042 GLOBAL.DEF to 040 and hit the deadline for presentation with no time to recode the GLOBAL.DEF, and Senn just had a pretty bad memory of the presentation.

(Now we need an /r/POVdefensesquad to defend POV for the builds)

Its hard to tell where things went wrong. lol

AXSX Lead

Very hard indeed. Especially when they made the only "complete" build. lol

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Anything new since i was gone?

Wowza, you missed alot of stuff! We found SNCRUNL3 is actually an ANM file that was accidentally a PCX. And with that we had...

A grey box.

I found some more Spinslash stuff (Cause Spinslash, and why not), and it's not the already found stuff--it's the forward and diagonal frames!

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:

Wowza, you missed alot of stuff! We found SNCRUNL3 is actually an ANM file that was accidentally a PCX. And with that we had...

A grey box.

I found some more Spinslash stuff (Cause Spinslash, and why not), and it's not the already found stuff--it's the forward and diagonal frames!

lol , the spinslash stuff is all in the same place, how did you miss them?! XD
I saw them all together before the archive went public. also there is a backwards facing sprite you forgot to mention.

darkspire17 wrote:

Anything new since i was gone?

You didn't miss much on the forums here, as I have been active with AXSX but not the forums, Shame on me !
Version 001 of the engine has been released for Sonic Xtreme  you can find it here:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php? … 4&st=0
Many people uploaded videos of the build using various methods , and since the build uses a software based renderer the speeds vary from PC to PC.

AXSX Lead

Still Chugging along in Unreal 4 port of assets!
http://i.imgur.com/sjjH6Mq.png

AXSX Lead

dont worry, atleast we're getting progress, trust me, i can wait till its done tongue

Hey Andrew, if it's possible, could you release the engine itself once it's all finished so we can make games with that engine?

I think you'd call it the "Most X-treme Engine". lol

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Actually i'd be down for Toon Joeys suggestion, i'd like to Re create a couple older games using the engine after it's done if possible.

Fuck it's been along time since posted something, uh, huh, I really need to help out lmao, I've been too busy making my own Saturn game i haven't really done shit >w>

Actually if you want you could help out with the main game and possibly the boss engine for my Sonic X-treme SEGA Saturn revival!

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

I have been waiting for this for years, and i can still take the hype.  big_smile

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

videonerd91 wrote:

I have been waiting for this for years, and i can still take the hype.  big_smile

Same.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y