Topic: Current Progress and Special Stage ideas.

Its been a long time since I was last here, but as the topic subject asks how is the current progress of the sonic x-treme project? Will the new discoveries, like the old x-treme build that someone ported from Windows 95 to Windows 7  be used for the axsx project or is it just for show? Also is Chris Senn still heavily involved in the game and if he is than is he really pushing the game to be just like his original vision of what the game is like, since so far from what I've seen their isn't any bosses for the game being made yet maybe you should hand the bosses for Chris Senn to work on and even create a seperate team consisting of Chris Senn and the original X-treme team, or at least enough of the team to get the game out and ready for the public to play. About the special stages. I hope your considering hiding the special stages through out the level so that it can get people who want to complete the game have a reason to explore, after all correct me if I'm wrong but did you say your basing the special stages on the Knuckles' Chaotix special stages? I think one of the stages which featured the characters free falling to hit boxes that contained rings and other goodies, also had you explore to find the special ring just like Sonic 3. These are just ideas though and are just ideas so that you won't have to make it as difficult. Andrew, I'm just letting you know I'm completely thankful for what you and your team have done for this project. I hope that the inactivity on this page doesn't mean the project is dead or slowed down to a near hault, Thank you for what you've done and I hope you have a great 2015! smile

Re: Current Progress and Special Stage ideas.

Olympian wrote:

Its been a long time since I was last here, but as the topic subject asks how is the current progress of the sonic x-treme project? Will the new discoveries, like the old x-treme build that someone ported from Windows 95 to Windows 7  be used for the axsx project or is it just for show? Also is Chris Senn still heavily involved in the game and if he is than is he really pushing the game to be just like his original vision of what the game is like, since so far from what I've seen their isn't any bosses for the game being made yet maybe you should hand the bosses for Chris Senn to work on and even create a seperate team consisting of Chris Senn and the original X-treme team, or at least enough of the team to get the game out and ready for the public to play. About the special stages. I hope your considering hiding the special stages through out the level so that it can get people who want to complete the game have a reason to explore, after all correct me if I'm wrong but did you say your basing the special stages on the Knuckles' Chaotix special stages? I think one of the stages which featured the characters free falling to hit boxes that contained rings and other goodies, also had you explore to find the special ring just like Sonic 3. These are just ideas though and are just ideas so that you won't have to make it as difficult. Andrew, I'm just letting you know I'm completely thankful for what you and your team have done for this project. I hope that the inactivity on this page doesn't mean the project is dead or slowed down to a near hault, Thank you for what you've done and I hope you have a great 2015! smile

I've been making updates on youtube, sonic retro and Senntient for the most part, not been active here so much as the user base is just so small and its hard to find time to work on the game and post updates everywhere. yeah poor excuse I know.
i'm taking a small part in the new leak myself, and have already rebuilt all the stages by hand and have them inside UDK already. As for special stages I intend to have them hidden around the levels like sonic 3 and also Chaotix.

AXSX Lead

Are those red, spiky mines going to be involved?

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

BakaBlake wrote:

Do you mean Red sands?

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:
BakaBlake wrote:

Do you mean Red sands?

No, those red balls with spikes sprouting from them. They were in a picture of Death Egg Zone with the prototype of the Sonic X-Treme Editor. Chris Senn released the image.

Oh yes, that will be there!

AXSX Lead

Thank god you didn't take that the wrong way.