Topic: Still chuggen along here.

There may not be any new visual updates for you guys, Just letting you know we are still working on the project. Slowly but surely!
Xak's working on New enemy functions such as shooting and enemy AI. (will benefit Sonic GDK as well)
Josh is finishing up with new Sonic Sprite animation programing and fixes for Sonic.
I've been working heavily on level art and new layouts as well as bug testing, and keeping the guys busy.
Have most of the gameplay related to special stages planned out. Have been speaking with Shadix in relation to putting together a custom music track for the special stage.
Lastly....Chris Senn is interested in doing a few level layouts for the project as well.

AXSX Lead

Re: Still chuggen along here.

Great to hear, and hope we can get a demo soon!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/SonicJazzColor_zps4ecc7d8a.png

This is really good to see that Chris is going to work on the project! are you going to make sneak peak of the special stage or keep it as surprise?

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

David184 wrote:

This is really good to see that Chris is going to work on the project! are you going to make sneak peak of the special stage or keep it as surprise?

wont be able to start special stage till bosses are done , wont be awhile, but yeah when we get to them will show them off.

AXSX Lead

I suppose there are no plans for another 1-level demo (like Jade Gully or a physics test zone alone) like the winter one from way-back-when?

(Or did you say you only wanted to release the whole set when done for lack of fragmentation reasons, etc.? I forgot...)

That's what I would like to know.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/SonicJazzColor_zps4ecc7d8a.png

Yeah I guess we could do another 1 level physics demo soon ,,, something like lots of fucking rings perhaps ! ( to see what your computers can handle)

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:

( to see what your computers can handle)

i think you should do this. like Croteam did with Serious Sam The First Encounter where they released Seriou Sam TEST 1.

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

I still want to play Jade Gully or Red Sands. Another physics test only would be kind of boring, though releasing something like LOFR as a practical test of PC capability might be a good idea. Still would like something with a little more actual gameplay though.

Still feel kind of cheated by you canceling the summer demos at the last minute, lol. I really had been waiting a pretty good deal of time for those.

The summer release was canceled because they were not ready. Had to switch gears because Chris Senn unexpectedly wanted to join the team. I had to get an asset pack ready for him to use ASAP.
I was not expecting to have to get the user friendly game asset pack that was planned for later  ready so soon.  The pack can be used to quickly build and test levels on the fly. I had to change my goals a lot to get that pack ready.

(Sadly, In the end it turned out that he could not really use the pack on his computer because the specs are too low. However, Chris has blocked out a Metal Blade Zone concept in another program that I can import into my program and quickly build over that with the new assets I have created .

I don't feel the asset pack was a waste of time , in fact it can be used to really speed up building custom levels and having a finished level done 60% faster than what I was doing before.

My roll in this project is constantly changing between , Director, level designer, texture artist, Asset planning and assembly, code bug tester, researcher, 3D modoler, ect ect , its hard to take on more than 1 role at a time.
   This past 3 weeks I have mainly been a director, and bug tester for my 2 programmers that finally have some free time again after many months of being busy on their own projects. so yeah the gears have switched again leaving level work at a near stand still. Bug testing really eats up most of my available time these days. ( I am also working on some textures right now for the Water level)

So yeah 3 guys working on a project that would normally need a much larger team. You cant expect things to be on time. its hard to predict when a next full sized demo will be out. ( I haven't even had time to finish the title screen yet BTW)

AXSX Lead

Wow!!!! Chris Senn, the guy that practically created Sonic X-Treme???? That's really awesome!!!  cool

I am PoisonedElite I like Drawing, making the now unfortunately rare YouTube video, and playing games. 
Tumblr:StoryArkComics

Right, ok then, sorry. Didn't realize that was the point Chris decided he wanted to join the team, thought you had mentioned a different reason before for the cancellation.

Yeah I did give another reason and said there was also another reason which was a secret at the time. This was the secret announcement.

AXSX Lead

Ah, k.

Chris Senn is working with you now? That's awesome.

^This is my post, and this is my signature <--

17 (edited by Vortex 2014-10-17 18:02:21)

Looks like Andrew's version of X-treme will be the "true" version, lol

Chris Senn wanted to join? Now that was unexpected.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

Andrew always seems to be full of surprises! big_smile
This is pretty cool news!