Topic: NiGHTS into Dreams Assets

I saw this:
http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=33166

@Andrew75,
I have both NiGHTS and Christmas NiGHTS for Saturn, if you want me to try and get anything from them. If they're like Sonic Jam, 3D Blast, or R, I should be able to just pop them into my CD drive and get all the stuff from there.

I have a lot of random tools that can convert things, too, if you need that.

Re: NiGHTS into Dreams Assets

Yeah I have em too actually. But with all my time going to AXSX these days its hard to find time to do any ripping of my own.

I had a thought the other day, What if Sonic xtreme used , or edited Nights textures for use in Nack's boss stage? I know that the chances of that are like 0.1% but who knows ... there are a few Nack boss stage scans around the net. One screen shows a white flower on grass texture. If I remember correctly nights had some grass textures ( maybe with a flower too). So I suppose we should be looking for any textures with grass and flowers.

AXSX Lead

That might work.

I found a LOT of grass textures, but not one of them had a white flower. There were all kinds of other flowers, though. I don't know if you want any of those (they're all pretty small VDP1 sprites that are used as textures).

Yeah lets see all the grass textures shall we? Flower and non flower both.
Thx !

AXSX Lead

I really wish SSF had a proper debugger for texture extraction. Doing this one-by-one in Yabause really sucked.

Anyways, here you go--all the grass I could find in Nights (+ All the greenery from the SX718 demo):
Here you go!

Thanks man , ! yeah extracting 1 by 1 is a real pain I know ! Went threw that with Sonic Jam , and also Shining the holy ark.

AXSX Lead

No problem.

I just wish we actually had decent tools for Saturn stuff. The Genesis and Dreamcast have so much, and the Saturn really only has very dispersed tools (though here is a nice collection: http://www.cyberwarriorx.com/?page_id=4).

Hopefully with the stuff happening on ASSEMbler regarding Saturn-IDE and PseudoSaturn ("use a flashed AR cartridge to boot CD-Rs") that'll soon change.

Moop wrote:

No problem.

I just wish we actually had decent tools for Saturn stuff. The Genesis and Dreamcast have so much, and the Saturn really only has very dispersed tools (though here is a nice collection: http://www.cyberwarriorx.com/?page_id=4).

Hopefully with the stuff happening on ASSEMbler regarding Saturn-IDE and PseudoSaturn ("use a flashed AR cartridge to boot CD-Rs") that'll soon change.

Its too bad Saturn has not got much in the way of hacker love in the past >__<

AXSX Lead

P.S. Just had an idea, Why not try and contact the guy who wrote the tools from your link and see if he'd be interested in helping check out the Leaked Sonic X-treme ISO for new textures.

AXSX Lead

That would be awesome! It would be a blast if we founded the hole Metal Sonic boss fight in there.  lol

There is metal sonic Boss Fight stage geometry in there but SANik never shared it .

AXSX Lead

Whaaaat!? So there is actully a chance that the hole boss fight is in there?

It very well could be ! but yeah Saturn hacking isn't so poplar so we may never know.
SANiK posted screens of the stage model in the old Senntient forums. last I looked they vanished into the dark recesses of the internet.

Edit: added a link
http://www.senntient.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000199-2.html its about half way down.

Edit 2:, actually he says that there was no additional 3d model data in the release. Its been so long I'd totally forgotten that.

AXSX Lead

15 (edited by Vortex 2014-08-17 12:54:13)

Okey, I will search all over the interwebs for some hacking tools, see ya!

Im on a mission, lol.

Edit: Do you think that the 718 demo got a debug-mode or something?

Good luck ! , I think SaniK made his own tools though. no idea on debug mode >__<

AXSX Lead

17 (edited by Vortex 2014-08-17 16:07:51)

There should be some kind of debug menu....
It's strange considering that "super jump" is the only "debug related" we have found.
The engine is actully kinda to advance for not having a debug mode...

By the way, were can we find SANiK?
Maybe I could email him.

SaNik (I'm not sure how he spells his name) seems to have vanished from the face of the Earth for some reason.

I have amassed a lot of Saturn tools if you want 'em, though if you scour the Internet you'll probably find most/all of them.

can you send me them? That would be nice smile

I'll try next time I have a chance. I have significantly less free time now than I had when I posted the above, so I can't be 100% sure on when I can upload them.

Yeah, school has started for me to, so same sh*t here big_smile

Here's what I could find.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xvxxid

Thank you so much!

No problem.
Hope you can get good use out of them!

moop. ya mind sending me sonics model and texturers from christmas nights. and sonic worlds texturers and model please.

its nice to see how our favorite games evolved from conception to reality