Topic: Project News! July/10/2014

Got 2 bits of news regarding the project! I wont say what they are quite yet. Nothing as huge as Sega pickling up the game or anything like that. but rest assured its not bad news.

Well there is one bit of bad news, This exciting (Project Secret) will cause the project to miss the Sage event. Sorry guys.
It would have been nice to make a release at Sage. But i feel that i should wait to make a release, because i'd really like to make a nice first impression on players . releasing the original levels is not really that impressive as they are very outdated, and not very fun, and do not showcase the work that has been put into the gameplay engine.

I'll make an announcement when i'm sure if this big news thing is going to happen or not.

AXSX Lead

Re: Project News! July/10/2014

Don't worry if you miss the SAGE event. If more work is required for a better release then do it.
Take your time and don't rush your work.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

3 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2014-07-18 19:55:53)

Dammit, was really looking forward to the sage release, in fact 1 of the only 2 things I was looking forward to from the entire summer really. Oh well, like popon said take your time I guess, though what irritates me is you NOW decide to actually NOT release the classic levels when that was what you were putting all your effort into and also what everyone was most likely expecting to be done.

Sorry for probably acting like a dick, was just really looking forward to this and expressing my frustration. Will they still be released as some kind of demos/bonus levels though? Well, good luck still on the project, I suppose I'll look forward to whatever you're going to come up with.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

Dammit, was really looking forward to the sage release, in fact 1 of the only 2 things I was looking forward to from the entire summer really. Oh well, like popon said take your time I guess, though what irritates me is you NOW decide to actually NOT release the classic levels when that was what you were putting all your effort into and also what everyone was most likely expecting to be done.

Sorry for probably acting like a dick, was just really looking forward to this and expressing my frustration. Will they still be released as some kind of demos/bonus levels though? Well, good luck still on the project, I suppose I'll look forward to whatever you're going to come up with.

I agree with you. Andrew, please stop delaying demos all the time, it's really frustrating... sad

Sorry guys , I know your waiting, please don't be upset, I'm doing as much as I can with what little time I have available to work on this,( been pulling all nighters for months whenever I can) keep in mind I've been practically working alone on this for some months, my programmers have also slowed down progress due to their own projects.
I do have some levels ready, but no title screen, game credits, epilepsy warning screen ect ect. I feel that it would be a waste of time to make temporary stuff. In the time I was going to get that stuff ready for this SAGE, something nice just started happening and I needed to switch tracks because its time limited.

AXSX Lead

6 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2014-07-20 03:54:46)

Maybe you should just take a break from the project altogether then, it's just too ambitious to do with how few men you have on your crew,  your work schedule, etc. I suggest you seek out more assistance, unless you're basically doing that already.

I really do commend your determination and devotion throughout the whole thing though tremendously, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else even with such an almost rabid devotion to one cause, and I mean that in a good way.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

Maybe you should just take a break from the project altogether then, it's just too ambitious to do with how few men you have on your crew,  your work schedule, etc. I suggest you seek out more assistance, unless you're basically doing that already.

I really do commend your determination and devotion throughout the whole thing though tremendously, I don't think I've ever seen anyone else even with such an almost rabid devotion to one cause, and I mean that in a good way.

A hell of a lot of progress has been done lately, one of the biggest set backs( although a huge positive step forwards,,, annnnd one of the reasons for missing this sage event was due to revamping all the over 1000 materials to allow for the new lighting and shadow system, plus redoing a bunch of other stuff, I've been at it non stop the past few weekends without much sleep, really trying to get as much done as possible. Building levels inside UDK is very easy now, and much faster than building in an external program, So we can test than quickly tweak a section of the level, than test again. (vs building in external program re-importing model, than re-assigning all the materials 1 by 1 by hand. which sometimes took between 15 to 20 minutes a pop.

I'm not giving up because I missed some gaming event release. or because I've delayed a public release and broke my word, but as things are it just cant be helped. Also when this does come out, I hope it will be something that was worth waiting for. I cant wait to make a release !

I'd rather not spend my time optimizing a few levels 100% to make a release than have to backtrack to change a lot of the planned core stuff, than redo the level yet again for a final version, after the core updates to the engine, I feel its kind of a waste of valuable time taking away from the end goals I have in mind. anyhow I'm not calling it quits ! especially since i'm really happy with the progress of late. I feel pretty excited that we have made it so far!  Soon as these last few things are done and out of the way, I can concentrate on building levels full time !

AXSX Lead

Good attitude, keep it up, and no I'm not telling you to give up, just seriously don't lose significant sleep over it, give yourself a rest when you need it. Keep in mind that although you really do want to get it done, it's still a game, it's not worth killing yourself over hahaha. We can wait.

NOOOOOOooOOOOooOOOOO!

Ohai Ian, been a while since I've seen you here, lol.

Wow, i`ve been out for a long time and much things have changed, but Mou-man-tai (relax, dont worry), i think this is going to have a good end even with all the dificulties and events missed smile

勇気だけは言めてやる、
かかって来い!
I Only respect your courage,
Bring It!

I hope...