1 (edited by SonicXtreme209 2014-01-31 19:07:43)

Topic: Project Neptune

This little game got ideas from other games, surprisingly,was not inspired by AXSX.

DISCLAIMER:
i haven't done any development yet. but im planning to.

games that gave inspiration:

SRB2's sonic xtreme mod
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xIWtyTP19Gk/hqdefault.jpg

THINGS I NEED TO MAKE THIS:
gm8 fish eye engine
jade gully map
sonic sprites (not a sprite sheet please)

this is only a remake of the jade gully zone. act 1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what you could do to help:
be on the team

Re: Project Neptune

hmm, not sure what I could do but might be kinda cool.

3 (edited by Vortex 2014-02-01 06:36:41)

Hey, im working on a 3d gm8 fisheye right now, is there some chance i can help?
And i also got the sprites, but the problem is, i am currently planning on making a remake too,
and im having a dev team too with RyeGuyXD(the sprite master and level design master). But when we were talking and planning our sonic xtreme remake, we said that we would might need some extra horse power, if you want you could join our team. and also, we are working in game maker 8.

Sure i'll join your dev team!
and yes, there is a chance you could help out,
make a simple test of the fisheye with sonic running around,rings,and anything else that we could test. i'll edit the textures and add some more landscape and background later on,
the floor textures are jade gully and the background will be the jade gully background. i'll give you full credit for the test level.

i think i might wait for project axsx more. since this is only an jade gully level and no other level like andrew is working on. still good luck on making it. can you even program?

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

Yeah, we can both program  in  game marker.

7 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2014-02-01 16:29:46)

Wish I actually had some kind of required knowledge for game making, I really do want to help you guys out with something like this, but don't know how....unless you'd be willing to teach me things, don't need to though.

Well, a question I guess, is this supposed to be a recreation of only Act 1? or is it trying to make it a complete zone?

8 (edited by Vortex 2014-02-01 19:59:50)

http://www.codecademy.com/dashboard

if you learn javascript, you can program in game maker 8!

and i think that this project will be evolving. maybe to a full 3d remake in gm8

maybe...

Well, in this site, you don't have to teach yourself, the site teaches you by a program.

SonicXtreme209 wrote:

Sure i'll join your dev team!
and yes, there is a chance you could help out,
make a simple test of the fisheye with sonic running around,rings,and anything else that we could test. i'll edit the textures and add some more landscape and background later on,
the floor textures are jade gully and the background will be the jade gully background. i'll give you full credit for the test level.

I was more thinking of mixing my xtreme remake with yours xtreme remake, we will always need an extra programmer for that kind of project, it will still be called Project Neptune. But the hole dev team will work on it.

keep us updated ! cant wait to see what you guys come up with !

AXSX Lead

13 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2014-02-02 02:39:27)

What would the dwellers of this site recommend as good coding languages to start with? I'm guessing Java is one. And I dunno, I have always in a way wanted to learn coding but I suppose part of what I was thinking is the visual aspect of the project.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

What would the dwellers of this site recommend as good coding languages to start with? I'm guessing Java is one. And I dunno, I have always in a way wanted to learn coding but I suppose part of what I was thinking is the visual aspect of the project.

The problem is, we allready have a sprite designer and level designer, would be nice if we had more programmers.

15 (edited by SonicXtreme209 2014-02-02 15:05:26)

im starting off with a highly simple demo to test 1 thing:
level layout.

info about upcoming demo:
enemies BETA
jade gully
edit: it will not include fisheye
editedit: i'm gonna need a rip of the jade gully from the def ported to gm8 with textures
i need that rip before i even start working on it.

info about other levels etc....
red sands
other jade gully from those DEF files.
death egg
tails (sprites needed!)
--------------------------------------
coming soon. this project will not be cancelled!!
so no worries about cancellation

what do you mean by "rip" it from the def? Also, my question about starter code.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

what do you mean by "rip" it from the def? Also, my question about starter code.

when i mean rip, i mean take the level from the file.

im working with java.

Ok...

Please don't cancel this project! It was 3 years ago! Finish that!

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/Flamey2010/Project%20AXSX%20Forum%20Signature_zpstrqs49ns.png?t=1486940946
http://i.imgur.com/7zkiG.gif

SMBX2011 wrote:

Please don't cancel this project! It was 3 years ago! Finish that!

This thread was posted about 3 years ago...there isn't a real need to bump older posts. Sorry.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Yeah, I never really "Worked" on this. I sucked at GM8 and the map was textureless with no collision. Basically unplayable..

SonicXtreme209 wrote:

Yeah, I never really "Worked" on this. I sucked at GM8 and the map was textureless with no collision. Basically unplayable..

rest in spaghetti-o's, never forgetti-o's

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y