26 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-09-20 14:58:45)

Re: [Sept. 18 2013] Development Fork

thx for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it, heh.

27 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-09-23 23:25:13)

Why did you decide on using OpenGL over something else like Unity perhaps. I guess it's kind of more flexible?

Also probably a stupid question but could you actually port OpenGL coding to a Saturn format?

I've been off my computer for like a week.... and I miss ALL of this.

Definitely something I'm excited about. My question:
Will this be more akin to the GM project where it will be closed betas and the like? The reason I ask is I'm blogging on ScrewAttack now and could draw some nice attention to the game if you wanted more testers.

Thanks now I don't have do care about video cards.  cool

the0nlykyd wrote:

I've been off my computer for like a week.... and I miss ALL of this.

Definitely something I'm excited about. My question:
Will this be more akin to the GM project where it will be closed betas and the like? The reason I ask is I'm blogging on ScrewAttack now and could draw some nice attention to the game if you wanted more testers.

wb kyd

Hey, crazedGunmang96. You wanted to learn programming? I recommend this site http://www.codecademy.com/  big_smile

32 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-09-24 02:20:23)

Ok, thx.

Tbh I don't know what the hell I want to do, lol.

You don't have to read instruction on how to code on this site, the site is learning you the codes. and also, i recommend you to learn java script, it's a nice start. give it a shot big_smile

Great site vortex, i'm learning Javascript right now! tongue

“Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Sonic Xtreme!

Me too, lol  big_smile

36 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-10-23 02:51:51)

Probably a dumb question but is there actually ANY chance of a legit saturn playable build? might be cool to use that on an emulator or something.

I guess it wouldn't be really neccessary though, but it would still be pretty kewl.

Maybe a Dreamcast port in the best case scenario, but i really can't imagine a Saturn port, unfortunatly.

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

0% chance of a Saturn port from my end, sorry man

AXSX Lead

39 (edited by meepmeep189 2013-09-26 23:58:07)

Thing is CG, The saturn was extremely complicated to program for, it even gave Senn & the guys at STI trouble when they tried to port Xtreme to it.

PunBB bbcode test

Yes, ik meep, I can see it being hard to program for anyway.

That's cool Andrew, it was just a silly question. tongue

Theoretically, if Andrew releases the source code when all is said and done, some skillful community member can take a stab at some console port (I'd think Dreamcast would be easiest).

But that's just wishful thinking at this point; it's still too early to consider much more than the base PC version.  lol

Moop wrote:

Theoretically, if Andrew releases the source code when all is said and done, some skillful community member can take a stab at some console port (I'd think Dreamcast would be easiest).

But that's just wishful thinking at this point; it's still too early to consider much more than the base PC version.  lol

Someone would need access to UDK engine source code, I don't even have that as Epic has not made it public.

AXSX Lead

Hey Andrew are you almost ready to release the demo. big_smile

nooo.. im waiting on my programmer to finish up some stuff still sadly

AXSX Lead

D:

Xeniczone wrote:
meepmeep189 wrote:

So essentially a practically identical port of AXSX on UDK, running on OpenGL so older PC's can play it?

Yes and No.  Yes it will look like Sonic Xtreme, but no it will not be exactly the same.  Since I haven't done much development on it yet.  I really can't say what will be different and what will be the same.  For the most part they should be very similar.

Older PCs can play it along with other operating systems.

Oh ok, so THIS is what your suprise was going to be! cool man thanks.

Well this isn't my entire surprise.  Only part of it.  I'd rather show my surprise then announce it.

My version will have a level editor.  My 'dream' right now is to make it so that the entire level can be built using it.  It will be on a blocks system.

This should be a improvement upon the GM engine.  I can't port the GM engine over because the GM engine is rather proprietary to GM only.  The biggest improvement people will see if framerate and compatibility.

Are you making the Saturn version?

Andrew75 wrote:

nooo.. im waiting on my programmer to finish up some stuff still sadly

Ok I'll be patient

What do you think of my Virtual Boy idea tongue

And actually yeah there's a number of 3DS homebrew developers existent, though how many for sure I don't know.

49 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-10-23 03:07:13)

Ok, so what is the current status of this version? Also a random idea I had what about a PS1 port though that's doing completely the opposite of the original intention of the game, lol. Would still be pretty cool though.

I've actually thought even after playing some oldschool Crash again that aspects of Xtreme and Crash are very similar imo in some ways. The style of some of the platforming and art design of Crash 1 kind of remind me a lot of a slower more precision based Xtreme at times, guess we did get a game somewhat similar in that way, though I might be the only one who sees all that.

And in turn I sort of think of some of the original Senn test levels as kind of Crash Bandicoot meets gameplay aspects of Sonic, with the crazy ass world rotation and fisheye, all that stuff.

Just sayin, I had that thought for a while and had wanted to write it down on here or senntient for some reason, lol. Yeah though Xtreme actually wouod work well as a PS1 game too imo, maybe even better, it kind of has that signature vibe to it in the first place.

50 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2013-11-04 15:34:41)

Sorry, my last post was mostly ranting in a way.

Ok asked simply how's the OpenGL version currently going