Re: Crystal Frost Boss Ideas

I'm liking these ideas, I will have to do some sketches and see how it turns out.

Hello.  im new to this site but not new to the sonic scene.  i was just wondering if you're still accepting ideas on a boss.  if so i have a few good ideas for such a boss (snowy area).  if not, then thanks anyway.  thanks.

Yeah we are still accepting ideas.   Nothing is set in stone yet, we haven't really started on Crystal Frost or Galaxy Fortress yet.

LOVING THE SNOWMAN IDEA!!

for the level design maybe many ice sheets that break and crack the longer you stand on them they will re-appear but it should take a few seconds

maybe this should all take place at the top of a ice mountain and the ice sheets should be placed on a grid pattern and if sonic does fall through he falls to his death

the snowman should also shoot snowballs out his mouth and have no hands a second attack should also be he should roll around the level in attempt to crush sonic  big_smile

30 (edited by techdiff 2010-12-11 01:47:24)

I found a good design for the Titan Tank boss of Crystal Frost

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFhXyRFJAM[/youtube]
see 2:00

music thanks ednoone
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQjjrv0sww[/youtube]

i watched the animation with the music from video two was playing and i liked the feel of it it seemed like good music for a boss that looked like that i think it would fit perfect into the game

There was an old mobile game where block fell from the floor and if you took too long to get out, you would die, as there would be no reachable blocks.
My idea is something with falling ice whatarethenameofthose (erm, I was thinking really hard about it, and now I forgot, but they're edgy stuff, you can grab in Sonic Adventure). Those would fall in a pattern and your objective would be to not get hurt for an amount of time. After that, the boss would appear, throwing snowballs at you (or rockets, if we talk about robots). That would be the players chance to hit the boss a few times, and after that, it's the same from the beginning. Maybe harder to dogde stuff near the end of the boss.

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

Truner wrote:

There was an old mobile game where block fell from the floor and if you took too long to get out, you would die, as there would be no reachable blocks.
My idea is something with falling ice whatarethenameofthose (erm, I was thinking really hard about it, and now I forgot, but they're edgy stuff, you can grab in Sonic Adventure). Those would fall in a pattern and your objective would be to not get hurt for an amount of time. After that, the boss would appear, throwing snowballs at you (or rockets, if we talk about robots). That would be the players chance to hit the boss a few times, and after that, it's the same from the beginning. Maybe harder to dogde stuff near the end of the boss.

Stalactites? Icicles?

Icicles, that's what I wanted to say! Thanks.
So yeah, they're a bit more imaginable, that we have the word for it. -excuse me for that-

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

I think the snowman sounds kind of just a stock character, I like the idea of the tank a lot though. maybe the icicles should be on the roof and to hurt the boss you have to make them fall on it, like in yoshi's story. maybe to fight him you would have to jump on it first, to stun it, and then spin dash on a wall or an ice column to make the icicles fall...

35 (edited by milenko 2011-01-28 07:04:47)

you can always make a boss
where you can spindash and you have to go as fast as you can in a loopdeloop type of thing to make the boss dizzy enough to walk into some sort of icesicles that are pointing out of the floor?

PunBB bbcode testhttp://i.gpxpl.us/FbCYd/s.png
http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/trainer.png http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/party.png

36 (edited by the0nlykyd 2011-05-18 23:06:00)

I put together an idea using stalactites in another thread
(looking...)
Found it in the Any Boss thread.

the0nlykyd wrote:

My ideas would be more along the lines of Robotnik-piloted machines (like the main bosses from to S3&K). The concepts are the important part, and if used it would be easy to design an enemy other than Eggman to carry out the fight.

Egg Driver
My first idea is a platformer boss. The camera would be stuck on Eggman so you're always facing towards him. He flies up high and shoots down spikes at Sonic. Sonic dodges them and they plant into the ground leaving their dull sides exposed. Each spike is longer than the last one. Finally, when none are left Eggman (with a giant spike on the bottom of the machine) rams down at a final attempt to hit Sonic. After dodging, Sonic jumps up the spikes (from shortest to longest obviously) until he can reach and attack Eggman. After being hit, the spikes either all gather from the ground and re-attach to the Egg Driver, or (if used in the Crystal Frost, which the spikes would be made of ice) shatter and new ones would form on the Egg Driver
Increased Difficulty (pick and choose): Spikes stay down for shorter periods of time, Eggman gains a close range attack once planted, spikes launch from the ground shortly after being stepped on, etc.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa340/The0nlykyd/Sonic%20X-Treme%20Concepts/EggDriverBoss.png
Sorry I'm no visual artist.

I'm currently trying to remodel this boss into something not Robotnik. I'll post it when it's done. Also this idea came without me thinking about the fact that there probably aren't any renderings of Sonic from a bottom view. So the camera would probably have to just gain distance from Sonic while facing the boss's direction. The boss shoots off the stalactites and immediately launches down, so they all land close together. I'm still working on the concept as a whole. My idea currently is to fit it with the "Dragon II" concept.

Edit:
I posted my Dragon concept on the wrong page (too many Crystal Frost Boss pages). Here it is.

jib9001 wrote:
Xeniczone wrote:

So no drill at all, just the shooting tank?

But I do like that idea because not only does Sonic have to dodge the stalactites (shown by shadows on the ground), and he has to dodge the shot from Robotnik.  He will be weak while reloading.  Maybe have 5 shots before having to reload.  One at the ceiling 4 at sonic.

Well maybe we could use the drill at first, but after the first hits it breaks and robotnik starts shooting at the ceiling and then at sonic. I think they could work together.

Yea that could probably work.

.-.