Topic: Nack the Weasel (Jade Gully Boss)

In this game, are you guys gonna model Nack from scratch, or are you gonna import him from another game(coughSonicTheFighterscough)Just wondering since there don't to be any models of Nack from X-treme anywhere. Oh and also what's the arena gonna look like?

You know what they say...

All toasters toast bread, not toast!

Re: Nack the Weasel (Jade Gully Boss)

I believe Nack from Sonic The Fighters and sonic Xtreme may just be the same model,
I will try and confirm this with Chris Senn.

AXSX Lead

I've seen a couple of screens of Nack so far, and as far as I know, the 3D model is the same from Sonic The Fighters, if not REALLY similar, almost to the point of being creepy lol

Wouldn't be surprised.  Sonic the Fighters was built on Model 2 Arcade hardware, if I remember correctly.  Which is the same hardware that the Saturn is based on.  So it wouldn't have been hard to adapt the model to the Sonic Xtreme game.  It is common for game companies to recycle stuff.

5 (edited by Kamehameha 2010-12-21 05:34:59)

I wonder what kind of attacks Nack The Weasel would have used against Sonic. I've seen a couple of videos and I think this would have been the arsenal Nack used:

Guns - This is seen in a couple of screens involving Nack, and it was also used in Sonic the Fighters, so I think guns are a likely weapon.

Bombs - If you take a look at one of the screens, there is something that looks like a low-poly explosion on the ground. Sonic has taken a hit from it, and has now flown into the air with all his rings taken away. The Sonic Cult website says this may have come from Nack's gun, but I highly doubt it.

Unidentified flying items - These are unknown, but maybe, just MAYBE, these cold be used as items Nack could home in on Sonic to attack him. Or the other way round.

And I guess Eggman kinda made Nack grow a bit, which might be why Nack is that much bigger than Sonic, when he is supposed to be about the same size.

Guess that's it, really.

It has been recently stated over at Senntient that different models were used.

http://www.senntient.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1417

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/SonicJazzColor_zps4ecc7d8a.png

OmochaoAbuser wrote:

It has been recently stated over at Senntient that different models were used.

http://www.senntient.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1417

I dont think Saturn really knows.

AXSX Lead

I think the model is exact I have looked at picture back to back and the reason i think Nack looks bigger than sonic in xtreme is because he is infact the same model from sonic fighters and they never scaled him down to the size of sonic for xtreme but who knows

9 (edited by Kamehameha 2010-12-22 15:33:45)

If that's true...

Then maybe we can get Dr Robotnik's Fighters model and use it in this game as well.

Yeah, but Robotnik is in a walker mech in fighters...

I belive the person that ripped Nack out of Sonic fighter is unknown and the method he used to get Nack out of the game is also unknown  hmm

Well anything is possible.  We have arcade emulators, and they render the item which means the item is in the system's memory.  If it is in the systems memory, one would just have to "reach into the memory and take it out."  Of course, that is easier said than done.

Ah. So it's not like debug mode?

You just blew my mind.

So you can't just get it from sonic gems collection for gamecube?
All you would need is that game and a certain LG drive to read it...

No worries, I have the Nack and Robotnic Fighters models.

AXSX Lead

How do you have them, did you rip them or download them from somewhere?

Music that's cool that I have been into recently...
-Genesis: Suppers ready & I know what I like
-Egg: The civil surface (the whole album)
-Yes: Close to The Edge

@Kamhe... something; Nope no debug mode I know of.  I just told you the basic idea of how to do it, I myself, have no idea on how to actually do it, if I wanted to.

@Moop;  I'm afraid that wouldn't help, as the Gamecube version of the game is the same as the arcade version.  It would be easier just to get the arcade version and crack it.  The Gamecube version of the game is just a Gamecube-Arcade emulator licensed by Sega.  Same deal for all the Sega re-re-re-release of all their old Genesis games.  They are just emulators running on a Ps2/GC/Xbox/PS3...etc...  I personally thing all Sega re-releases of everything just ruins the collectors value of all their old system, and proves that Sega has no more original ideas, and are just a mere shadow of the gaming giant they used to be.   For example, Nintendo doesn't go all crazy releasing all of their old gems onto newer consoles, now go look on eBay and see how much more a NES is worth over a SMS, or a SNES over a Genny.

@CHAPAPA 96; I think he found them on the internet.  I'm not really to sure where Andrew gets most of his stuff.

Andrew75 wrote:

No worries, I have the Nack and Robotnic Fighters models.

I got the models from the guy who originally ripped the Nack model a long while back,
As far as the textures go , I had to rip them myself.
There sitting in a folder waiting to be applied to the models.

AXSX Lead

When I saw Metal Sonic, I was wonderhing, it's kinda huge. I thought it was okay, since Metal Sonic IS a robot. But why Nack too? Too bad we don't know THAT much about the story or the game itself.

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

20 (edited by Kamehameha 2010-12-24 10:03:19)

I think it was becase Eggman made him grow or something, reminiscent of Yoshi's Island.

Although Chris Senn's FAQ says it was because of the fact that 3D was still new at the time, and this was Sonic's first 3D outing ever, so the staff decided to make the bosses bigger, because they wanted to make it easier for the player.

As in hitting the boss and seeing it? That's actually possible as a bigger target is easier to hit, I guess. It still looks weird. It's also strange how Sonic has sprites and the bosses are 3D models.

The inverse is mostly true in Super Mario 64; Mario is polygonal, and some of the bosses are made up of sprite and model combined. Also;

I think the models for the bosses might be so large because if they were smaller, it would be harder to work with them, plus they would look uglier. Look at the Sonic models made during the Saturn era. If bosses were as big as Sonic, then there wouldn't be much surface area to work with.

Maybe we should go with something like this:
Robotnik got his hands on one of the Ring of Order, while Sonic was going through Jade Gully and he used it on Nack first. So that would be the story of the first boss and in the end, we would have a fight for the last ring of order against Robotnik.

And maybe add to that by saying Nack was doing this against his own will. Robotnik hypnotised him to eradicate Sonic and he also made him bigger as a reinforcment.

Kamehameha wrote:

And maybe add to that by saying Nack was doing this against his own will. Robotnik hypnotised him to eradicate Sonic and he also made him bigger as a reinforcment.

This kinda sounds like the story on Planet Popstar in Kirby 64 tongue