1 (edited by TruePowerofTeamwork 2013-05-24 16:16:12)

Topic: Hey, I'm The True Power of Teamwork, developer of Sonic AC!

Hello! I'm TruePowerofTeamwork, as the title says.
I'm 14 years old(My birth-date may say 1976, as I sometimes use my fathers birth-year), Autistic(Obviously, Highly-functioning), a developer that works with VB, Lua, GM8, and sometimes MMF2, and Of course, a Sonic fan, and I know quite a bit about Sonic. tongue

If you'd like to see my work, look in the fan projects section of the forums! smile

I like talking(Sometimes too much), and I'm interested in old and new video games(Which is why I have a MASSIVE console collection), and a variety of genres(puzzles, platformers, old simulators, adventure ,shooters.etc).

I'm a big fan of not just Sonic but most Nintendo franchises, DOOM, Lucas Arts games(Maniac mansion, day of the tentacle.etc), Older Need For Speed, Humongous Entertainment(For nostalgic reasons. Putt Putt FTW!), and others.

And yes, I'm a brony. I hope that's not a problem.  tongue

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum, as I LOVE AXSX, and it looks amazing.

smile

"The Real Super Power of Teamwork!" - Sonic the Hedgehog - 2003

Re: Hey, I'm The True Power of Teamwork, developer of Sonic AC!

Welcome to the forums. I'm Asperger (which is supposedly a form of autism, but it's quite honestly different). I'm new as well so, guess we should stick together tongue

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

Welcome to the forums. I'm Asperger (which is supposedly a form of autism, but it's quite honestly different). I'm new as well so, guess we should stick together tongue

Funny, that's exactly what I have. tongue I just call it high-functioning autism, because not everyone knows what Aspergers is, while the name autism, is more common.

mm, but it's not really Autism in my opinion. It's very different from Autism.

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

mm, but it's not really Autism in my opinion. It's very different from Autism.

I don't know much about other forms of autism, because it's much rarer, so I just assume it's like Aspergers but worse.

To an extent that's true, but Asperger's syndrome occurs on the other brain hemisphere and enhances creativity, memory, and imagination. Both conditions (hate calling Asperger's a disability because it's a gift ^_^) impair social interaction because the person with it doesn't pick up social cues, but besides from that they are different.

PunBB bbcode test

7 (edited by Moop 2013-05-24 18:13:21)

Excuse my ignorance, but is it not possible to outgrow the bad parts of Asperger's?
I have a friend who has/had it, but from an outsider's perspective it looks like he's gotten over any social issues.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Moop wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but is it not possible to outgrow the bad parts of Asperger's?
I have a friend who has/had it, but from an outsider's perspective it looks like he's gotten over any social issues.

Also, welcome to the forums!

It's hard, for some people, easy for others. Aspergers can have huge ranges. Some have major behavior problems, some with social problems, and some with just anxiety problems.
Some people can't overcome some people can. I've been trying for about 9 years, and I've made HUGE progress, but still nowhere near overcoming it.

Luckily I'm mild so it's not much of a problem anymore. I'm heading into my senior year myself and I was way worse in that department 4 years ago.

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

Luckily I'm mild so it's not much of a problem anymore. I'm heading into my senior year myself and I was way worse in that department 4 years ago.

Hey Meepmeep? Have you seen my fan game yet? Check out the thread in the fan project part of the forum!

Yeah, seems like it has potential. I'd be happy to help you with a story if you need one. I have a concept for a game I'd like to do, but I'm still far off from understanding programming.

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

Yeah, seems like it has potential. I'd be happy to help you with a story if you need one. I have a concept for a game I'd like to do, but I'm still far off from understanding programming.

I've already got most of the story down, and it's a lot. V^V
And it's very deep like SA2 rather than Before the Sequel.

Before the sequel did a lot more non verbal stuff, SA2 suffered from poor translation tongue I get your point though

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

Before the sequel did a lot more non verbal stuff, SA2 suffered from poor translation tongue I get your point though

I also never played BtS.
This has verbal(dialog) cut-scenes.
I'll give a few spoilers well not really spoilers, because it's in the intro, but whatever xD.
Eggman has had the chaos emeralds for quite a while, as Sonic does not know he has them.
Eggman examines and gathers research on the chaos emeralds, and it is able to find a way to harness them the way Sonic can. So he starts working on a Metal Sonic that ACTUALLY has all the same powers as Sonic, when done, he starts him up, gives him the emeralds. Metal tries to go super but fails. Afterwards Eggman wonders why, and tries to figure out why Sonic can't transform sometimes...
RINGS. So Eggman and Metal Sonic goes out searching for rings.
If you have a certain amount of rings at the end of certain stages(Which it tells you which ones), Metal Sonic will confront you, if you beat him in a battle, you get a chaos emerald, if you lose and have some emeralds, you lose an emerald. Ether way you lose a life, and re-spawn at the last checkpoint. So you have to have a 7:0 ratio of wins to loses to get the last story. So it could be 8:1 or 10:3, you just have to have 7 more wins than him. That's the main plot line.

meepmeep189 wrote:

What do you think of the story?

Has potential, could be interesting to delve into Super Sonic's and the rings' origins. Only problem is that rings are everywhere. Eggman would have no trouble getting them.

PunBB bbcode test

meepmeep189 wrote:

Has potential, could be interesting to delve into Super Sonic's and the rings' origins. Only problem is that rings are everywhere. Eggman would have no trouble getting them.

Yeah, that's why you get your first emerald in the second level. The story doesn't progress without emeralds. And you can only get so far without certain ones. Sonic can go super in the first fight, but only for a little while, after dodging his attacks, he can be hit with ease. He was still a prototype as Eggman was excited to start the project, and started it early. So after going super, Metal Sonic doesn't have very many other attacks.
Later more and more weapons and attacks, are added on to Metal Sonic, and he gets stronger.
I find it cool that Eggman starts with the emeralds, and the first story boss can already go super.

Guess I'm not the only one with Asperger's.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y