1

Topic: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

I considered this topic worthy


Titan Tank:
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3886/titantank.jpg

Music:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQjjrv0sww[/youtube]

I can picture robotnik building this boss for the Crystal Frost level it is small enough for a boss and it fits perfict into being an enemy that I can see sonic fighting. Past ideas for crystal frost bosses i dont think fit into the game some have suggested a snowman but i think that is more of a mario type of boss some have suggested something controlled by robotnik but I dont think he should go fight sonic this early in the game he should use stuff he build and then finally fight sonic in the finale the boss that should be used in sonic x-treme should be the original intened boss that is the Titan Tank i no some designs have been suggested but i think this one really takes the cake smile

2

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

cool you found a pic of titan tank, where did you find it? i've been looking for it for a while.

^This is my post, and this is my signature <--

3

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

You know I've seen that picture so many times, and never put two and two together.

We had some really good ideas in the other topic, but this is phenomenal.  Guessing it shoots snowballs?

4

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Titan Tank was the the origonal name of the file ?
i have the file somewher ebut cant seem to locate it.

AXSX Lead

5

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

I actually took that image out of this video which contains Titan Tanks Animations walking and finally shooting!! please view the video and check the times i have noted  cool

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdFhXyRFJAM[/youtube]

Titan Tank Animations: 2:00

BONUS!!:

Early 32x "Sonic X-treme" Cutscene 0:09
Knuckles overhead gameplay Sonic X-treme 1:40 [looks horrible and not fun at all but its something]
Tiara sidescroll gameplay!!!!!!! 1:47   [the coolest stuff ever Candy Land??]

I wouldnt care if I didnt get to play knuckles and tails roles in the game because there are hardly any videos containing there gameplay at all so there is nothing to work off of.  But Tiara plays such a huge role in the game you can see from the video that its a whole nother aspect of Sonic X-treme it is bringing the classic sidescroll gameplay back to sonic 3D and on top of that it looks as if the level she is playing is infact Candy Land! she doesnt have to have many levels but a cutsence could happen where Tiara is called upon from her father to protect one of the 6 Rings of Order and she has to go thru Candy Land to do so i understand that the sprites have not leaked for Tiara yet but maybe with some smooth talking with Chris Senn we could get it out of him because they definetly exist if not then im sure the sonic community would happily make the sprites for Tiara  roll

6

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Wow cool video i've never seen that before. What was that prerendered overhead footage with knuckles?

7

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

when they were making Sonic X-treme they planned to have 4 playable characters Sonic, Tiara, Knuckles, and Tails. Sonics game play is as seen, Tiaras was sidescroll like original genesis sonic games, Knuckles gameplay was overhead, and finally Tails was firstperson  tongue

8

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

You know that "Galleom" boss in Smash Bros. Brawl? That really big purple and silver robot you fight against in Subspace mode? Maybe you can make a combination of the robot in the video and Galleom. It would be epic beyond proportions!

You know what they say...

All toasters toast bread, not toast!

9

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

techdiff wrote:

when they were making Sonic X-treme they planned to have 4 playable characters Sonic, Tiara, Knuckles, and Tails. Sonics game play is as seen, Tiaras was sidescroll like original genesis sonic games, Knuckles gameplay was overhead, and finally Tails was firstperson  tongue

You're kidding right? lol Tails First person sections? Delightful! roll

10

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

I wonder what kind of first-person it would have been. Maybe it would have been him shooting at Badniks in the Tornado, which would have mada a LOT more sense.

You know what they say...

All toasters toast bread, not toast!

11

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

I wondering too.  What in the world, first person?  Thank god that idea never got of the design board.  Unless it was first person shooter, but I don't think we need another Shadow the Hedgehog game.  The game wasn't bad, it just didn't seem to work in the sonic world.

12 (edited by Moop 2010-12-20 12:33:49)

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Is this that animation of the Titan Tank?
http://web.archive.org/web/20080206093454/http://xtreme.projectsonic.com/enemy/sxc_enemy_purplebot.gif
I tell you, that SXC archive is a treasure trove of stuff!

13

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Yeah, I think that is the one.

You know what they say...

All toasters toast bread, not toast!

14

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

This boss looks... weird. It looks so generic somehow.
Now that I think about it, will the bosses use some kind of fisheye camera too?

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

15

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Truner wrote:

This boss looks... weird. It looks so generic somehow.
Now that I think about it, will the bosses use some kind of fisheye camera too?

The boss wont be using Fisheye. smile

AXSX Lead

16

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

So it will be something like an arena fight? In a closed space, just you and the bad guy?
Now the only thing that leaves me thinking is the camera. Looking at the Metal Sonic screenshots, it looks like the camera is always on the move, so you can see both your enemy, and yourself. Is this possible with GM?

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

17

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

That makes total sense actually! tongue

Our house
In the middle of our street!

18

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Truner wrote:

So it will be something like an arena fight? In a closed space, just you and the bad guy?
Now the only thing that leaves me thinking is the camera. Looking at the Metal Sonic screen shots, it looks like the camera is always on the move, so you can see both your enemy, and yourself. Is this possible with GM?

Yes it's possible in GM with or without Ult 3D plug-in.
In fact, we set up 2 variations of the Metal Sonic boss stage in the past 4 years.
The first one had a camera that followed sonic automatically as he moved around metal sonic,
That cam was also always locked onto Metal Sonic as its Focal point so the cam and sonic could rotate around him. (this build and gameplay system was entirely scrapped including stage graphics)
(I Went a little overboard on graphics here, at the time we thought it'd be nice to update Xterm's look a bit)
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5092/buildingstestga8.jpg

For the Second boss engine version, We Decided to capture the original look and feel of the stage.
We went as far as matching up screen shots from Mag scans to get the camera's position relative to the ground, sonic, and the original Field of view.

We also had a bit of inside info for how the camera system worked from Christina Coffin herself.
(I believe we started this one last year. Visuals are very much so a WIP.)
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/629/metalsonicbosswm.png

(textures and camera have been moved just a tad in newer version)
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8436/stagecomparason.jpg

(This screen is to show camera matching)
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/516/wireframeq.png

AXSX Lead

19

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

The second picture is... wow.
And how will you guys do the bosses? Same difficulty during the whole battle, like in the old games or will the bosses get stronger or something after 4-5 hits?

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

20

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Truner wrote:

The second picture is... wow.
And how will you guys do the bosses? Same difficulty during the whole battle, like in the old games or will the bosses get stronger or something after 4-5 hits?

Our bosses would get harder toward the end of the fights,

AXSX Lead

21

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Titan Tank looks a lot like Hot Shot from Sonic Adventure 2. It has the large cannon, and its overall design is very reminiscent of hot Shot.

22

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

synchronizer wrote:

Titan Tank looks a lot like Hot Shot from Sonic Adventure 2. It has the large cannon, and its overall design is very reminiscent of hot Shot.

I don't think it would be surprising if the very idea for Hot Shot came from Titan Tank. You're totally right about that.

23

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Andrew75 wrote:
Truner wrote:

So it will be something like an arena fight? In a closed space, just you and the bad guy?
Now the only thing that leaves me thinking is the camera. Looking at the Metal Sonic screen shots, it looks like the camera is always on the move, so you can see both your enemy, and yourself. Is this possible with GM?

Yes it's possible in GM with or without Ult 3D plug-in.
In fact, we set up 2 variations of the Metal Sonic boss stage in the past 4 years.
The first one had a camera that followed sonic automatically as he moved around metal sonic,
That cam was also always locked onto Metal Sonic as its Focal point so the cam and sonic could rotate around him. (this build and gameplay system was entirely scrapped including stage graphics)
(I Went a little overboard on graphics here, at the time we thought it'd be nice to update Xterm's look a bit)
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5092/buildingstestga8.jpg

For the Second boss engine version, We Decided to capture the original look and feel of the stage.
We went as far as matching up screen shots from Mag scans to get the camera's position relative to the ground, sonic, and the original Field of view.

We also had a bit of inside info for how the camera system worked from Christina Coffin herself.
(I believe we started this one last year. Visuals are very much so a WIP.)
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/629/metalsonicbosswm.png

(textures and camera have been moved just a tad in newer version)
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/8436/stagecomparason.jpg

(This screen is to show camera matching)
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/516/wireframeq.png

So, in other words, it's going to be almost perfect? tongue

Our house
In the middle of our street!

24

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Now one more question about Metal: why does he have a redish light on him? Those eyes must be really powerful to glow on the floor, which reflects it back on the body.

^^^^^^Go back and read my post again!^^^^^^

25 (edited by Omega 2010-12-24 19:35:17)

Re: Titan Tank [Crystal Frost Boss]

Truner wrote:

Now one more question about Metal: why does he have a redish light on him? Those eyes must be really powerful to glow on the floor, which reflects it back on the body.

lol it's the ambient lighting I think.

Our house
In the middle of our street!