Re: Jade Gully

SonicXtreme209 wrote:
Andrew75 wrote:

I don't get to read the posts so often, been super busy , besides i'm not working on this project to get it done quickly, this is just something Im doing for fun in my spare time.

But ! you may like to know that I've been working the past few days to get a small single level demo together for Sage next month. ( it has been over a month since I've even done any serous 3d modeling or game making) Its really hard to find time now >__<.

Good that it is for fun! is the sage demos level going to be jade gully? (that was a stupid question.) because i can't
tell the differences between a sage demo and a just for fun demo.

edit: are you working on this jade gully to? or is it done? (probably not )
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3153/capturetsm.jpg

Nope. Its another Level. I'm revamping The first Sonic X-treme level that I re-created (in 2006) right before AXSX was a game project. (basically i'm rebuilding it as a game ready level)

AXSX Lead

Xeniczone may be working on that version in his OpenGL version.

Im sorry guys.. there wont be any further work on AXSX for a long time. we just lost our son and I don't think I can do any more work on this sort of project. maybe never.... I really don't know right now.

AXSX Lead

:'-(

Just want you to know that you have been one of my biggest inspirations for my life. You told me to never give up, you were the reason why i started to develop games. I just want to say, thank you for everything you've done for me!

Andrew... I'm so sorry for your loss...  sad
You're a great man, you know? I'm just 15 and thanks to you i'm starting to develop games... I need to thank you for all the things you did for us...
Thank you. Really. We may not see X-treme on our PCs, but I understand :'(
But remember...

"If you have time to worry, then run!" (Sonic 2006)

“Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Sonic Xtreme!

Vortex wrote:

You told me to never give up.

Vortex, it's time for us all to return the favor to Andrew, don't you? neutral

“Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock n' roll.” ― Shigeru Miyamoto

Sonic Xtreme!

33 (edited by Vortex 2014-01-21 10:16:04)

Gabrimax98 wrote:
Vortex wrote:

You told me to never give up.

Vortex, it's time for us all to return the favor to Andrew, don't you? neutral

Yes it is

He said he had a baby -I think Summer, don't hurt me if i'm wrong-, so i think it's related to him..  Poor Andrew sad

Sonic Xtreme!

35 (edited by David184 2014-01-21 18:30:24)

people are not patient... it's still sad that your son died ;(
i hope you will get better. right now i'm going to sleep since it's 23:26 in Czech.
so good night guys and i hope that everything will be allright! have a nice day

the fact is that AleX-treme could act nicer to Andrew since he is having a hard times.

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

David184 wrote:

people are not patient... it's still sad that your son died ;(
i hope you will get better. right now i'm going to sleep since it's 23:26 in Czech.
so good night guys and i hope that everything will be allright! have a nice day

Yeah, same time for me!

Really sorry for your loss
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/CryingCheese_zpsa49c4705.png

Why did he die?

Also, I hope you get better, too! After all, I don't want to see AXSX die.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/SonicJazzColor_zps4ecc7d8a.png

Ok, first off, I just cleaned up this thread a bit. I don't think anyone needs to see the sheer insensitivity of what was written, and it certainly has no place on these forums.

Secondly, Andrew, I'm terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. The Internet is definitely the hardest medium to communicate effectively in, but I want you to know that the vast majority of us (i.e. all of us still here) care deeply about what happened. Some are, admittedly, a bit young to know how to express their feelings in a meaningful way, but this matters to us as a small community.

Again, since the Internet is a limited medium to communicate the gravity of what's happened, it's doubly important for everyone to just take a second, read over the news a couple times, and think about what's going on. This is a pretty serious matter. I don't know why anyone would, even for a second, consider taking this kind of thing lightly.

While we may not know the exact details, nor do we really have any right to know, I'd like to give you our collective sympathy. This is a hard time for you and your wife, and everyone must be able to respect that. It's the right thing to do.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for what has just occurred to your family, and I apologize for *Banned Member*'s ignorant, grossly disrespectful, and essentially inhumane behavior. This is a time of sadness, not stupidity, and I wish you and your wife the best in dealing with what happened. We ought to be extremely thankful for everything you've done for and given us.

But I also want to wish you good luck for the future.

For every end, there is a beginning. While it's true that what's done is done and that there's no way to change the past, it's also true that there's still what's to come. We can choose to either perceive the future as positive or negative, and I implore you to go on with a positive view. After all, what would be a Good Future without someone to make it?

Though we rarely ever have time for it, it always seems as though people find a way to question everything, especially at major turning points. I feel like this is one of those points, and I'd like to offer some guidance if it might help:

a) Don’t kill yourself. It’s never the solution. Never ever. Ever.
b) Too many people on the Internet are jerks; don’t listen to them (but, then, we all know that one wink )
c) Take what life gives you in strides. There are plenty of opportunities to stumble, but the wider your step the less a chance you have of falling over.
d) “Never give up, trust your instincts.” Yes, Peppy Hare said it in Starfox 64, but he has a good point.
e) Take a deep breath. You’ll be able to think clearer that way.

Lastly, I think it would be better if you took a break from the forums for a while. Use the time to figure things out with your wife and make sure everything important is under control before even thinking about lesser things.

On behalf of all of us here, thank you for everything that you have done for the Sonic community and for the amazing example that you have set for us, and I hope you and your wife manage ok during this time.
-Moop

(Now, since it has been brought up in this thread, with regards to anything related to X-Treme, I would highly recommend you just don’t think about it for a while. No releasing files, no thinking about files, no thinking about anything until waaaay down the road when you feel significantly better about, well, life, the universe, and everything.)

Thanks guys!. Me and Kelly appreciate your words of encouragement. we don't really want to think much about how we found him. but I can tell you that he died from SIDS. I really lost my head the past few days. My head is a bit more clear right now . we've had a lot of family over and spoke with a lot of local friends here. When it comes to (SIDS) there was no way to detect it ahead of time. Its just something that happens to some children under 1 years of age. We both understand that time heals this sort of thing. and we also both don't want to change our lives or goals, although we were both really beating ourselves up about what happened. ( still are to some degree) I kind of feel that I shouldn't have posted something personal and emotional on the forums here. I don't know what I was thinking. maybe I just needed to vent a bit more. anyways I'm going to dedicate the rest of the project to my Son Marcus, as I'd really wanted to show him this if he had the chance to grow up. it'll just be awhile before I can get myself to want to continue. again thx for your support threw-out the years and even now.

AXSX Lead

could I be PMed maybe what apparently Alex said, I'm very very confused here, got to the situation too late, just, wow.

All I can say really perhaps is I'm terribly sorry for your loss.....perhaps way too soon for me to say so but, should the project be handed over to new management then?

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

could I be PMed maybe what apparently Alex said, I'm very very confused here, got to the situation too late, just, wow.

All I can say really perhaps is I'm terribly sorry for your loss.....perhaps way too soon for me to say so but, should the project be handed over to new management then?

That wont be necessary ..I just need time to get things back to normal here.

AXSX Lead

42 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2014-01-22 19:14:15)

very well. well, my regards go to you and your wife.

I also give my regards and hope things go back to normal soon.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/Nun20-20Walk20Front_zpsbe455fdb.gif
"In our world, every storm has an end.
Every night, brings a new morning.
What's important is to trust those you
love, and never give up......
We must all keep hope alive..."

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/MithosYggdrasil/SonicJazzColor_zps4ecc7d8a.png

When I'm sad, I eat toast. And play mario kart.
Or I play axsx winter demo. Best one so far.
Your not me though, so I'm sorry for your loss.
My great great grandma died recently to.
Don't fell like your the only one who has had a loss

When I'm sad, I eat toast. And play mario kart.
Or I play axsx winter demo. Best one so far.
Your not me though, so I'm sorry for your loss.
My great great grandma died recently to.
Don't fell like your the only one who has had a loss

But never give this up. Many sonic xtreme fan games die out in early state ,
But this one did'nt. It is taken more serlosly then windows vista.
I don't care if you releasd a demo in super early state, i'd be amazed with small work
Like in the first screenshot
I also think you should realese game maker versions so you can take more time on AXSX
When you fell fine

Because there already complete. No work needs to be done. Axsx in unreal is like in HD
Witch proboly is better and smoother. But the dumped level viewer makes me want to play it more

SonicXtreme209 wrote:

Because there already complete. No work needs to be done. Axsx in unreal is like in HD
Witch proboly is better and smoother. But the dumped level viewer makes me want to play it more

Can you stop triple post in a row? this isn't a chat this is forum

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

I'm not surprised Alex got kicked out of the Forums, he was so darn impatient about every aspect of the project (voiced some of my opinions to Andrew when I first joined). It's so cruel for someone to say something and shrug off a death of a child just so a project can continue. Hang in there Andrew ok? We're here for you. *hugs*

PunBB bbcode test

Huh, Alex kinda seemed pretty normal to me from what I saw, until this fiasco happened. Guess I hadn't been around long enough.