Topic: Read this topic first before posting in the Public Development Center.

We all know what happened to many of the group Sonic Fan Projects in the past.
(Sonic 2 HD and Project S to name a few.) So i'm not keen to open AXSX fully to the public.

I have kept the project Closed so far for a few reasons.
1:
Quality control.

2:
The amount of time it takes to organize a team.

3:
For the most part everything has been planed out.

3.2:
To keep crazy Ideas and submissions away, so that AXSX stays as close as possible to the Original Sonic Xtreme's look and feel. (Anotherwords to stay true to the essence that Xtreme gives off)

I'm going to (LIGHTLY) open my Project's Development to the public to help speed things up.
However this does not mean that we will all go crazy and off the walls and start submitting things that do not fit the sonic X-treme Essence. (style, feel, and design)

Don't be afraid to submit your ideas and concepts here though.
But, Please be mindful that they may never be used.
Especially If they require massive amounts of reworking the engine.
(the project has been in development long enough)

Mainly I will be giving out Assignments.
Multiple people can work and complete the same assignment together or separately.
the best submission will be accepted.
Please don't think of this as a contest.
In one situation for example:
Perhaps 2 submissions belonging to a single assignment may have aspects that can be combined to produce a better finished product.

Credits will be given for each Accepted submission.
A special thanks credit will be given for non used submissions.
No credit will be given for ideas or story ideas that are never used.

Let's make it happen!
                              Andrew

AXSX Lead

Re: Read this topic first before posting in the Public Development Center.

That is good to hear smile
Finally the project will growing as it should. Being closed to the community was one of the many reason why Sonic 2 HD died. After a tremendous 7 years (or more) in development, i'm happy to see that you finally realise that it was time to give this project the help it need to succeed! wink

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

AleX-treme wrote:

That is good to hear smile
Finally the project will growing as it should. Being closed to the community was one of the many reason why Sonic 2 HD died. After a tremendous 7 years (or more) in development, i'm happy to see that you finally realise that it was time to give this project the help it need to succeed! wink

Only doing this on a limited basis, for things that I need but haven't the time to do.

AXSX Lead

Hey Andrew i was wondering if you need help and i want to help in anyway possible but in away i'm still working on school and moving to video game Programming and 3D modeling also a Sonic X-treme related comic that i'm staring right now but so far no leads on finding people to help me on it because i'm still thinking on the story line.

Timelord of Descend wrote:

Hey Andrew i was wondering if you need help and i want to help in anyway possible but in away i'm still working on school and moving to video game Programming and 3D modeling also a Sonic X-treme related comic that i'm staring right now but so far no leads on finding people to help me on it because i'm still thinking on the story line.

Hmm,, right now I want to keep community development work small so its less to keep track of.

1: We could use someone who could make promotional drawings.
2: A Music guy to update or remix some of the songs.
3: An experienced UDK unrealscript programmer. ( still have some collision Issues )
4:help some of the guys with there sprit editing.

How much experience do you have with sonic GDK and or UDK.
If I were looking for someone in the programming field, than they would have to be very experienced with at least UDK and its unrealscript. ( takes a long time to learn UDK since its so huge)
As for modeling, I think that I'm set for now,

I've attempted training a few people in the past, taking a lot of time away from the project to train them. They ended up leaving to work on another Sonic project with the new skills and knowledge, or just not having any time at all.
I'm a bit hesitant to bring new faces on-board for many aspects of the project.

However, I think that when we get a little further along , I may be looking for level layout planers.

P.S. show me something you've worked on in the past.

AXSX Lead

I only want 1 feature added to this. There needs to be a method of letting this game play on lower spec computers. It makes little sense, to me at least, to have a game that was supposed to exist in 1996 dropping in frame rate on a computer from 2009. I figure just an option for rendering distance of the levels should suffice since you currently already have a massive rendering distance, which probably contributes to my lowered frame rate. I don't care about any other features, just that the basic game be playable for lower end computers.

EDIT: I can easily do promotional videos, but I need the footage for it. I figure just having 1 video for each level being played through if possible, but I can work with whatever is given to me. I already plan on spreading this all over ScrewAttack when the first official demo drops. It would be nice to have the videos before the demo, but it could be argued that it isn't fair for me to have anything before the rest of the fine gents here in he community, so your call.

the0nlykyd wrote:

I only want 1 feature added to this. There needs to be a method of letting this game play on lower spec computers. It makes little sense, to me at least, to have a game that was supposed to exist in 1996 dropping in frame rate on a computer from 2009. I figure just an option for rendering distance of the levels should suffice since you currently already have a massive rendering distance, which probably contributes to my lowered frame rate. I don't care about any other features, just that the basic game be playable for lower end computers.

I'm not too familiar with UDK, (I did all the programming when it was in GM8) but the resources and programming can probably be cleaned up as the game gets more complete.  Nothing in Sonic Xtreme should put a tax on the computer too much.  Afterall, Ofer had it running on a Macintosh running somewhere between 16-33mhz.

I've been going to school for C/C++ and I say I have a pretty good foothold in it now.  I'll probably get back onto developing, but I want to test an idea I had first.  (Its a secret).

UDK could have an issue that C4 had where the engine itself is the problem.  While the game isn't very 'revolutionary' the engine will not support anything below a certain spec.

Then again a PC from 2009 doesn't mean much since it could have an Intel Graphics chip from that period.  Which would be the most useless thing ever (well not completely), but not supported from UDK which is an advance game engine used to develop modern games.

EDIT: I can easily do promotional videos, but I need the footage for it. I figure just having 1 video for each level being played through if possible, but I can work with whatever is given to me. I already plan on spreading this all over ScrewAttack when the first official demo drops. It would be nice to have the videos before the demo, but it could be argued that it isn't fair for me to have anything before the rest of the fine gents here in he community, so your call.

First we need a test.  I will give you 10 seconds of video and I need you to stretch that into a 5 minute promo.  big_smile

Xeniczone wrote:
the0nlykyd wrote:

First we need a test.  I will give you 10 seconds of video and I need you to stretch that into a 5 minute promo.  big_smile

5 minutes is a bit long right?

AXSX Lead

hi neutral  how to download

how to download the project axax neutral  neutral  neutral  neutral

lo8282121 wrote:

Why would someone get a double amount of AX deodorant?

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

BakaBlake wrote:
lo8282121 wrote:

Why would someone get a double amount of AX deodorant?

*Axe

Andrew75 wrote:
Xeniczone wrote:
the0nlykyd wrote:

5 minutes is a bit long right?

wow nobody actually spoke on this for 4 years lol

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan