Topic: Development Resuming

Finally we have the new camera systems up and running thanks to the hard work of Xak of SGDK.
Things are looking very good.

There is a drawback.
My time is still obligated to another task at the moment which will not allow me to work full time on AXSX.
There will be time to work on AXSX weekly.
You can expect at least 2 days a week worth of work, This beats 0 days a week for sure.

AXSX Lead

Re: Development Resuming

yes!

And that's a win to me

Yay! Glad to hear the good news!
Also, I posted this in the "Development on hold" thread, but redundancy aside here it is again.

Moop wrote:

By the way, Andrew, while it's on my mind, if you need any work done that requires something like a 7970, i7, or even Mac on that hardware combo to render/create/etc., I have a system that could do that if you ever need the help.

I also seem to have run into a lack of things to do lately in my free time, so if there's anything I can pickup to help with then I'll gladly do that.

Moop wrote:

Also, I posted this in the "Development on hold" thread, but redundancy aside here it is again.

Moop wrote:

By the way, Andrew, while it's on my mind, if you need any work done that requires something like a 7970, i7, or even Mac on that hardware combo to render/create/etc., I have a system that could do that if you ever need the help.

I also seem to have run into a lack of things to do lately in my free time, so if there's anything I can pickup to help with then I'll gladly do that.

Any good with sprites ? I can do this myself, but with my schedule, would save some time to get a custom ducking sprite, I don't think it be to hard to mix and match parts from other sprites to create one.
Only needs 1 frame for each angle.

AXSX Lead

Okay guys, We may be seeing a small release near the end of April,
That's if things go as smoothly as they are now.
We Still have a few bugs to work out.

AXSX Lead

Great to hear!

Andrew75 wrote:

What the new released will feature? A (finally) playable version of Jade Gully (at least the first act at the bare minimum?)?....or more?

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

9 (edited by Moop 2013-03-31 12:16:08)

Andrew75 wrote:
Moop wrote:

Moop wrote:

Any good with sprites ? I can do this myself, but with my schedule, would save some time to get a custom ducking sprite, I don't think it be to hard to mix and match parts from other sprites to create one.
Only needs 1 frame for each angle.

Honestly, I've never touched a sprite in my life. But I could take a shot at it--where can I find what I'd need?

Also, that's amazing news about the release!
My day is made! big_smile

Excellent news!

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

Moop wrote:

Honestly, I've never touched a sprite in my life. But I could take a shot at it--where can I find what I'd need?

Any picture editing software will work. Take existing sprites from Sonic X-Treme and kind of rigg them to make him duck.
Sprites can be found here as well as other places around the web.
http://www.senntient.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000092.html

AleX-treme wrote:
Andrew75 wrote:

What the new released will feature? A (finally) playable version of Jade Gully (at least the first act at the bare minimum?)?....or more?

Lets keep it a surprise, shall we ?

the0nlykyd wrote:
Moop wrote:

Any picture editing software will work. Take existing sprites from Sonic X-Treme and kind of rigg them to make him duck.
Sprites can be found here as well as other places around the web.
http://www.senntient.com/ubb/Forum13/HTML/000092.html

There are other sprites with lots of angles that aren't commonly shared that may be useful,
I'll have to upload them sometime.

AXSX Lead

Were you aiming for a crouching duck, like when Sonic's preparing to sprint or the animation used in the Sonic GDK engine, or the hands-over-head ducking from the Genesis titles?

Yay you are finally working on it again!

Me like pie

the0nlykyd wrote:

Were you aiming for a crouching duck, like when Sonic's preparing to sprint or the animation used in the Sonic GDK engine, or the hands-over-head ducking from the Genesis titles?

Hands-over-head ducking. Single frame required for each direction.
I'm going to make a new topic for this.

AXSX Lead

Regarding the ducking Sprites Head over here.
http://www.sonic-xtreme.com/forums//vie … 3587#p3587

AXSX Lead

will the sonic xtreme song: space queens be in the game? please say yes because i love that song!

Space Queens was a song that was used just to demo the game for PC. I doubt it was ever intended to be used as stage music. The most I'd imagine is a menu or special stage theme.

bob79519 wrote:

will the sonic xtreme song: space queens be in the game? please say yes because i love that song!

Yeah me too !
I would like to include it in some form. Invincibility perhaps ?
(Have not put to much thought into it.)

AXSX Lead

If multiplayer is used then it could be the dedicated theme for it. It lasts too long to be invulnerability. This is your project though so where ever you see fit.

My suggestions:
* Multiplayer stage
* Menu
* Special Stage
* Demo (when letting the Main Menu stay idle, let this song play when it showcases segments of the game)
EDIT:
* Advertising videos for the game. These could just be the opening demo idea from above but it would kill 2 birds with 1 song.

If using it for powerups I suggest:
* {0:00 - 0:26} be used for Invulnerability. I don't know if you're going to want invulnerability to actually last that long but that's a sensible cut off.
* {0:26 - 0:53} for Speed Shoes, skipping {0:33 - 0:40}.
* This still leaves some segments out, but those segments are what I believe to be most fitting if used for  powerups. With some time I could cut the audio up and give samples of what it would sound like looped in these segments but only if interested.

EDIT: If you're willing to catch some video footage of the game and send me the file(s), I could clip and put together a montage demo video that you could use for advertising. Since the game looks like it will need better specs than what I have I won't likely be able to record the footage myself. If it's possible to take any music from the stages during the footage (but keeping the sounds effects such as rings) then that would be better, but lack of sound works too. I'm also not asking for such footage to be sent any earlier than the release of the public demo. While that would be cool I'm sure some within the community might find it unfair.

the0nlykyd wrote:

If multiplayer is used then it could be the dedicated theme for it. It lasts too long to be invulnerability. This is your project though so where ever you see fit.

My suggestions:
* Multiplayer stage
* Menu
* Special Stage
* Demo (when letting the Main Menu stay idle, let this song play when it showcases segments of the game)
EDIT:
* Advertising videos for the game. These could just be the opening demo idea from above but it would kill 2 birds with 1 song.

If using it for powerups I suggest:
* {0:00 - 0:26} be used for Invulnerability. I don't know if you're going to want invulnerability to actually last that long but that's a sensible cut off.
* {0:26 - 0:53} for Speed Shoes, skipping {0:33 - 0:40}.
* This still leaves some segments out, but those segments are what I believe to be most fitting if used for  powerups. With some time I could cut the audio up and give samples of what it would sound like looped in these segments but only if interested.

EDIT: If you're willing to catch some video footage of the game and send me the file(s), I could clip and put together a montage demo video that you could use for advertising. Since the game looks like it will need better specs than what I have I won't likely be able to record the footage myself. If it's possible to take any music from the stages during the footage (but keeping the sounds effects such as rings) then that would be better, but lack of sound works too. I'm also not asking for such footage to be sent any earlier than the release of the public demo. While that would be cool I'm sure some within the community might find it unfair.

These are all very good ideas, Hmm as for the videos. I would like to take some more time to get more playable levels into the game first.

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:

These are all very good ideas, Hmm as for the videos. I would like to take some more time to get more playable levels into the game first.

How many levels will be playable in the next demo?

the0nlykyd wrote:
Andrew75 wrote:

How many levels will be playable in the next demo?

However ever many I can put in. tongue

AXSX Lead

We talked about adding multiplayer now? Doesn't seem like the best idea for a game like Sonic Xtreme. I don't see how a multiplayer mode could possibly work with this game. I suggest that we drop that idea and concentrate on better thing, like everything else (stage, gameplay mechanic, etc). Trying to add to much and the development will never end. Same thing happen with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, and the game was released 3-4 years later after his initial released date (for a 7 years development cycle).

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

AleX-treme wrote:

We talked about adding multiplayer now? Doesn't seem like the best idea for a game like Sonic Xtreme. I don't see how a multiplayer mode could possibly work with this game. I suggest that we drop that idea and concentrate on better thing, like everything else (stage, gameplay mechanic, etc). Trying to add to much and the development will never end. Same thing happen with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl, and the game was released 3-4 years later after his initial released date (for a 7 years development cycle).

I agreed with this; this game don't need a multiplayer mode right now ( at least not before the solo part is completely done)