Re: Development on Hold for awhile.

Gah, deadlines.
They're the reasons things get rushed and end up crappy (in addition to general failures by marketing departments). Please don't set them unless you think it would help you somehow!

popon01 wrote:

In short develop the game in Valve style.
Surprise us.

This. Less stress on developers = better results [usually].

Doing like Valve is not a good idea. Just think about Half-Life 2 Episode 3...

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

53 (edited by Moop 2013-05-18 15:41:42)

Has Valve ever actually really said anything about a Half-Life 2 Ep. 3, though, or is that just all fan speculation? hmm

What we mean here is that Andrew shouldn't feel constrained by deadlines, since it's mostly just him doing the majority of the work now.

54 (edited by AleX-treme 2013-05-18 19:49:16)

Moop wrote:

Has Valve ever actually really said anything about a Half-Life 2 Ep. 3, though, or is that just all fan speculation? hmm

What we mean here is that Andrew shouldn't feel constrained by deadlines, since it's mostly just him doing the majority of the work now.

It was officially annonced. In fact, they were more than just one more episode planned for this game. Later on, the ''episode 4'' was cancelled, because of the lack of progress for episode 3. To this day, the episode 3 is still not yet officially cancelled, even if at this point this game is clearly dead.

For the current status of Project AXSX, it's put on hold again....again. I can understand if Andrew don't have much time for it, but it doesn't change the fact that i have no idea if i will still be alive when the project will be complete (if the project ever get complete one day)(and i'm just 22 years old).

I'm a french Canadian, so don't hurt me if my english can seem odd at time.
My youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZoneofDoom

No one said hold, just a slow down.

AXSX Lead

Hey guys,,, Its that time again... I have a lot to do in real life for 2 weeks ( maybe 1) lets see.
So I wont be touching AXSX for that period of time. sorry just need to handle some important things.

AXSX Lead

It's ok, take your time smile

PunBB bbcode test

take your time andrew! like i do for my project

Sorry for my English! I'm from Czech
My Youtube page
My Tumblr page
Please use Quote. So i can better understand who is talking to me.

Don't think I'll be working on AXSX as heavily as I have been the past month or so, a lot of progress has been made by myself and the 2 fellow programmers Xak of sonic GDK and my good friend Josh ( who isn't really a retro member)
You see me and the wife are about to have a baby within the next few weeks. If you put taking care of a baby on top of my Job, and house renovations, than Sonic Xtreme development will have to put on reserve for a little bit ( or just become super slow).

I would like to show you guys more screens and videos and such, but I think it would be better to hold off on that till after the next demo release. ( please don't ask when that is because I'm not sure hahah)
We are to the point that the engine feels almost done and levels can be tossed together almost effortlessly with-in UDK's world editor.
There are just a few loose ends that Xak and Josh need to finish up on the programming front and the level engine will be complete as far as I can imagine.
( lets say for example I released the source and all the files,, Anyone could come in and build levels with just basic UDK world editor knowledge and have a fully functioning sonic xtreme level within minutes)
I just wanted to let you all know how close the engine is to being finished. Its hard to have to slow down when we can all just about get a taste of Blue being back. ( how many of you guys remember that Sega advertisement campaign from 1996? "Blue is back!" )
Although blue only came back as Sonic 3D blast and not Xtreme as was promised ... that's some coming back huh ?

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:

Don't think I'll be working on AXSX as heavily as I have been the past month or so, a lot of progress has been made by myself and the 2 fellow programmers Xak of sonic GDK and my good friend Josh ( who isn't really a retro member)
You see me and the wife are about to have a baby within the next few weeks. If you put taking care of a baby on top of my Job, and house renovations, than Sonic Xtreme development will have to put on reserve for a little bit ( or just become super slow).

I would like to show you guys more screens and videos and such, but I think it would be better to hold off on that till after the next demo release. ( please don't ask when that is because I'm not sure hahah)
We are to the point that the engine feels almost done and levels can be tossed together almost effortlessly with-in UDK's world editor.
There are just a few loose ends that Xak and Josh need to finish up on the programming front and the level engine will be complete as far as I can imagine.
( lets say for example I released the source and all the files,, Anyone could come in and build levels with just basic UDK world editor knowledge and have a fully functioning sonic xtreme level within minutes)
I just wanted to let you all know how close the engine is to being finished. Its hard to have to slow down when we can all just about get a taste of Blue being back. ( how many of you guys remember that Sega advertisement campaign from 1996? "Blue is back!" )
Although blue only came back as Sonic 3D blast and not Xtreme as was promised ... that's some coming back huh ?

Once again glad to hear, and congratulations and good luck.

thank you for all the work you guys have given us even to this point, your determination and devotion actually is quite admirable

Congratulations!
That's great news!

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

thank you for all the work you guys have given us even to this point, your determination and devotion actually is quite admirable

I agree. Thanks for all the effort, Andrew. I don't think anyone thought an x-treme remake would get this far 7 years ago. Only a bit left now, right?

eeyup.