51

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Omg it's super awesome!! big_smile Keep up the good work!  wink

52

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Ive been wanting to know for a long time if any enemies are going to be implented into project axsx anytime soon and also is the sound track going to be chris senns concept music or entirely new music?.....Any info?

53

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

techdiff wrote:
Gamerz_sonic450 wrote:

Any info?

s e a r c h  t h e  b o a r d

54

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Hey guys, with the whole Megaupload getting shut down thing happening, I think you guys should upload what you can to Mediafire or another site. Also did anything get lost due to this? Just curious.

55

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

ya we'll re-upload a fixed version of the demo, just been busy with something else as of late.
also yes, enemies and Chris Senn's music will be in the game.

AXSX Lead

56

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Andrew75 wrote:

ya we'll re-upload a fixed version of the demo...

That's all I wanted to read lol

pics look good, looking forward to it.

57

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.

58

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Mauro$oNiK wrote:

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.

The worst part is: this is without SOPA.
With SOPA, they could take down any site on the Internet without due processes.

/off-topic

59

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

vurp0 wrote:
Mauro$oNiK wrote:

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.

The worst part is: this is without SOPA.
With SOPA, they could take down any site on the Internet without due processes.

/off-topic

Woah... things are worse than I thought...

60

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

If some smart guy had enough stuff, he could convert this and put it on a Sega Saturn disk  lol Like that's gonna ever happen.

61

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Maybe we could upload it on CoolROM.com
I think they have Sega Saturn ROMs.

62

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

bb8libra wrote:

If some smart guy had enough stuff, he could convert this and put it on a Sega Saturn disk  lol Like that's gonna ever happen.

I don't think that the Sega Saturn is capable of playing a game from Unreal Engine 3.  If it could, that would be amazing, but UR3 doesn't even have support for the Saturn. Besides, AXSX is a remake of the PC version, not the Saturn.

63

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

joshman196 wrote:
bb8libra wrote:

If some smart guy had enough stuff, he could convert this and put it on a Sega Saturn disk  lol Like that's gonna ever happen.

I don't think that the Sega Saturn is capable of playing a game from Unreal Engine 3.  If it could, that would be amazing, but UR3 doesn't even have support for the Saturn. Besides, AXSX is a remake of the PC version, not the Saturn.

That's right.
One question, would the PC version be the same as the Saturn version, or would the saturn version
be that pitch demo where sonic is on his PC, and some guy called Saturn chats to him, calling for help tongue

64

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Mauro$oNiK wrote:

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.


I found out that website is a phishing website.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

65

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

popon01 wrote:
Mauro$oNiK wrote:

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.


I found out that website is a phishing website.

Really? I didn't know... i'm truly sorry

66

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Mauro$oNiK wrote:
popon01 wrote:
Mauro$oNiK wrote:

hello guys, I haven't presented myself yet.
Anyway, Megaupload is up again http://meegaupload.net/
seriously, SOPA sucks. A lot.


I found out that website is a phishing website.

Really? I didn't know... i'm truly sorry


It's ok. It's just to inform you all. Because I posted this one on a different forum, the link was immediately removed by the moderators because they found out it was a phishing website. I also said sorry to that forum.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

67

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Andrew75 wrote:

ya we'll re-upload a fixed version of the demo, just been busy with something else as of late.
also yes, enemies and Chris Senn's music will be in the game.


Buddy, that is probably some of the coolest news I could hear...aside from the demo being existent. XD

68

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

I hope it's not a problem with Andrew, but I'm uploading the UDK install file for AXSX Winter Demo 2011 on Mediafire as I text. (It's in 3 parts because free accounts can't upload over 200MB) If this is a problem please tell me and I will delete the files. ALL the credit is still on the team. (Also, some guy commented on my youtube channel saying that he would send me fifty bucks on paypal for giving him the winter demo... I think he's trolling but I'm still uploading for you guys and the other people that never got to play the demo yet.)

69 (edited by joshman196 2012-02-08 03:57:02)

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

bb8libra wrote:
joshman196 wrote:
bb8libra wrote:

If some smart guy had enough stuff, he could convert this and put it on a Sega Saturn disk  lol Like that's gonna ever happen.

I don't think that the Sega Saturn is capable of playing a game from Unreal Engine 3.  If it could, that would be amazing, but UR3 doesn't even have support for the Saturn. Besides, AXSX is a remake of the PC version, not the Saturn.

That's right.
One question, would the PC version be the same as the Saturn version, or would the saturn version
be that pitch demo where sonic is on his PC, and some guy called Saturn chats to him, calling for help tongue

Since the Saturn version was going to be changed to the Nights-like engine, they would both be very different in gameplay style (I think). Personally, I would love the PC version better. The fisheye camera adds something interesting to a Sonic game (the Saturn version was not going to have it).

70

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

joshman196 wrote:

I hope it's not a problem with Andrew, but I'm uploading the UDK install file for AXSX Winter Demo 2011 on Mediafire as I text. (It's in 3 parts because free accounts can't upload over 200MB) If this is a problem please tell me and I will delete the files. ALL the credit is still on the team. (Also, some guy commented on my youtube channel saying that he would send me fifty bucks on paypal for giving him the winter demo... I think he's trolling but I'm still uploading for you guys and the other people that never got to play the demo yet.)

College has kept me away from this place for a long time, and I had no clue that a demo was even out big_smile

How is this going, by the way?

71 (edited by joshman196 2014-03-31 23:46:01)

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Sonicdude41 wrote:

College has kept me away from this place for a long time, and I had no clue that a demo was even out big_smile

How is this going, by the way?

I've had the parts uploaded for a while. If you want to download it and play the demo, you need winrar. Extract all the parts into one folder, then click the udk install file to obviously install the game. When you want to play it. Go into the folder you installed the game into, go into "Binaries", then "Win32". Go down until you see the application labled "UDK" with the icon with a U in the middle.

NEW LINK: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/51675484/UDKIns … Xtreme.rar (247MB)

Have fun, I actually played this demo for more than 2 hours just running around.

EDIT 3/31/14: ... Yeah I've come back just to post a mirror for this demo just in case the dropbox dies.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ff30 … sp=sharing

Once again, have fun with the demo.

72

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

joshman196 wrote:
Sonicdude41 wrote:

College has kept me away from this place for a long time, and I had no clue that a demo was even out big_smile

How is this going, by the way?

I've had the parts uploaded for a while. If you want to download it and play the demo, you need winrar. Extract all the parts into one folder, then click the udk install file to obviously install the game. When you want to play it. Go into the folder you installed the game into, go into "Binaries", then "Win32". Go down until you see the application labled "UDK" with the icon with a U in the middle.

Part 1: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?q2370qdqef03hln (95.78MB)
Part 2: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19d5l11688yp6j3 (95.78MB)
Part 3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bxa3hoz4bllw4cu (56.32MB)

Have fun, I actually played this demo for more than 2 hours just running around. If this game gets finished, it will be the biggest thing EVARRRRR!

Or if you were asking "How is this going, by the way?" for progress on the game, then I don't know, I'm not in the team nor will I be needed, I don't know jack about how to code or what they do for this game, and the demo is really good though, shows a lot of what Sonic X-Treme could've been. The best I've tried to do for a game was make an M14 gun in a minecraft-ish sort of way. It sucks anyway. http://www.tinyurl.com/m14gunformc

I was talking about the upload progress. tongue

73

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

joshman196 wrote:

I hope it's not a problem with Andrew, but I'm uploading the UDK install file for AXSX Winter Demo 2011 on Mediafire as I text. (It's in 3 parts because free accounts can't upload over 200MB) If this is a problem please tell me and I will delete the files. ALL the credit is still on the team. (Also, some guy commented on my youtube channel saying that he would send me fifty bucks on paypal for giving him the winter demo... I think he's trolling but I'm still uploading for you guys and the other people that never got to play the demo yet.)

No problems man !
Been to busy to upload one myself, so ya thanks !

AXSX Lead

74

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

Andrew75 wrote:

No problems man !
Been to busy to upload one myself, so ya thanks !

If you want to, you could put the links in the original post, if there are still people who need to download the demo and get it as fast as they can! big_smile

75

Re: Winter 2011 (First Ever Public Beta Demo)!

If there are any Mac users here, have any of you gotten this to work under Wine/Wineskin or something of the sort?  I've been fiddling with it, and nothing. sad