76

Re: New engine!

Oops I fogot, X-Mas is today for you poor non-europeans big_smile Merry Christmas!

77

Re: New engine!

Merry X-mas guys,,
I have some bad news though, the demo isn't quite ready today,
there are a few errors were trying to work out of the sprite animation system.
I think we may be able to release something hopefully within the next 7 days.

AXSX Lead

78

Re: New engine!

Merry Christmas Andrew, don't worry, we will wait patiently, take your time.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

79

Re: New engine!

merry christmas  andrew and i agree with popon    take your time   ^_^

PunBB bbcode testhttp://i.gpxpl.us/FbCYd/s.png
http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/trainer.png http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/party.png

80

Re: New engine!

Yeah , the less bugs the better !

AXSX Lead

81 (edited by Alexander4488 2011-12-27 21:51:56)

Re: New engine!

Oh no! You didn't make the Christmas deadline! That means the entire game has to be cancelled again as opposed to it just being released later...  roll

That will always bug me... If they couldn't make the game before Christmas of 1996 then why not make it for Christmas of 1997.

And for Starfox 2 not being released because of Starfox 64 why not... I don't know... HAVE BOTH? Besides it was only a 1.5 year difference. Many games in a series have 1.5 years or less between them. But that's another story...

So many awesome games get cancelled for the dumbest reasons... Just makes me hate all those sports games and movie games even more. It's like, well if Starfox 2, Sonic Xtreme, and Donkey Kong Racing don't deserve to exist, then all those games REALLY don't deserve to exist.

82

Re: New engine!

hi guys merry christmass to you all will sonic xtreme be available as a download when fully completed?

83 (edited by milenko 2011-12-27 12:12:27)

Re: New engine!

Alexander4488 wrote:

Oh no! You didn't make the Christmas deadline! That means the entire game has to be cancelled again as opposed to it just being released later...  roll

That will always bug me... If they couldn't make the game before Christmas of 1996 then why not make it for Christmas of 1997.

And for Starfox 2 not being released because of Starfox 64 why not... I don't know... HAVE BOTH? Besides it was only a 1.5 year difference. Many games in a series have 1.5 years or less between them. But that's another story...

So many awesome games get cancelled for the dumbest reasons... Just makes me hate all those sports games and movie games even more. It's like, well if Starfox 2, Sonic Xtreme ,and Donkey Kong Racing don't deserve to exist, then all those games REALLY don't deserve to exist.




not sure if  your  trolling  or just ranting

PunBB bbcode testhttp://i.gpxpl.us/FbCYd/s.png
http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/trainer.png http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/party.png

84

Re: New engine!

He's Trolling

http://www.bolhaimobiliaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/troll-face.jpg

Problem Officer?

.-.

85

Re: New engine!

lol i was  expecting someone to do that xD

PunBB bbcode testhttp://i.gpxpl.us/FbCYd/s.png
http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/trainer.png http://vdexproject.net/p/27917/party.png

86

Re: New engine!

Alexander4488 wrote:

Oh no! You didn't make the Christmas deadline! That means the entire game has to be cancelled again as opposed to it just being released later...  roll

That will always bug me... If they couldn't make the game before Christmas of 1996 then why not make it for Christmas of 1997.

And for Starfox 2 not being released because of Starfox 64 why not... I don't know... HAVE BOTH? Besides it was only a 1.5 year difference. Many games in a series have 1.5 years or less between them. But that's another story...

So many awesome games get cancelled for the dumbest reasons... Just makes me hate all those sports games and movie games even more. It's like, well if Starfox 2, Sonic Xtreme, and Donkey Kong Racing don't deserve to exist, then all those games REALLY don't deserve to exist.



http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/13720000/ngbbs46c91008c71cd.jpg
This is illegal you know.

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PICTURE'S INSTRUCTION BELOW.
PunBB bbcode test

87

Re: New engine!

well this is a fun little agruement

88

Re: New engine!

That tends to happen here;
It's all in good fun, though. big_smile

And it looks like the demo's been released!

89 (edited by techdiff 2012-01-10 17:25:06)

Re: New engine!

Andrew75 wrote:
techdiff wrote:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/3084/metalsonicmarkiiiingame.gif

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5341/larged.png


http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/8072/3dmodels.png


ok i know this is an old topic and i have discussed this before buuuuut

i believe the the lowest quality sprite are meant for the sega saturn version, the higher quality sprite is for the pc version, and finally all the sprites used in the magazine scans are actually just hi-quality renders not in game at all just mock ups roll

just a theory though of today when i was looking through magazine scans

Andrew75 wrote:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/364/48tp001.png

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3352/temp0001.png

as for these i dont think they knew what size they where making the sprites and they never ended up scrapping the extra render. . .

idk i give this some thought today when i read that you where planning on making all the sonic sprites over again if the sprites used in the magazine scans are not released but after some research i believe all the magazine scans are just hi-render mock ups of game play this would explain "missing" sprites and various other questions people have about the magazine scans

all just a theory though roll

90

Re: New engine!

The sprites are the renders of the models. tongue

AXSX Lead

91

Re: New engine!

Andrew75 wrote:

The sprites are the renders of the models. tongue

oh i understand that sprites are really just models rendered but im suggesting the rendered them at low quality for different versions of the game and the ones in the magazine scan where placed, moved around, then rendered at a higher quality to make them look amazing?

then again i dont know much about making or rendering models or if they can be high or low quality i just edit sprites  tongue

92

Re: New engine!

Hi Andrew75, how's progress on the game.

93

Re: New engine!

I PREFER THE ORIGINAL ENGINE BUT IT LOOKS GREAT... smile

勇気だけは言めてやる、
かかって来い!
I Only respect your courage,
Bring It!

94

Re: New engine!

The new engine is very superior to the old one, but it's not too friendly to low-spec computers.

95

Re: New engine!

I have found something quite interesting. I was doing some research on the original Sonic Xtreme, I found this here quote:

"In 2006 a copy of a very early test engine was sold at auction to an anonymous collector who bought it for 2,500 dollars." This must be you?

The cake isn't a lie, I just ate it.

96

Re: New engine!

DerpBrony66 wrote:

I have found something quite interesting. I was doing some research on the original Sonic Xtreme, I found this here quote:

"In 2006 a copy of a very early test engine was sold at auction to an anonymous collector who bought it for 2,500 dollars." This must be you?

If memory serves me right, Assembler bought it at that price. They eventually released the iso image of the tech demo.

97 (edited by Weaving Hair 2012-03-17 01:28:38)

Re: New engine!

I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

mediafire movies download

98

Re: New engine!

Isn't that test engine in this website for download?

You know what they say...

All toasters toast bread, not toast!

99

Re: New engine!

Well, it is I think, but actually the mega-upload site is down now due to that SOPA thing... I don't think it really matters now for the download right now, because seeing how they worked on an engine unfinished and full of bugs, it's better to focus on work.

Oh yeah, and I'm new here. :v

100

Re: New engine!

classic2 wrote:

Well, it is I think, but actually the mega-upload site is down now due to that SOPA thing... I don't think it really matters now for the download right now, because seeing how they worked on an engine unfinished and full of bugs, it's better to focus on work.

Oh yeah, and I'm new here. :v

Dude, Megaupload wasn't even taken down because of SOPA. It was the government that did. SOPA was being looked over at the time, but it had nothing to do with Megaupload. BTW, I posted a new download link on the Winter 2011 Demo thread. Should be on page 3.