Topic: Howard Drossin, anyone?

It's been confirmed that Howard Drossin, the planned actual musician for the game, made a few tracks for the game late in development, before the game was fucked sideways and died.

With that in mind, has anyone even asked him about releasing the tracks or just asked about the music in general?
I'd love to see them, Drossin's a talented guy.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

Re: Howard Drossin, anyone?

Same. That song from the first level of Sonic Spinball makes me feel very nostalgic every time. I feel like he would have done a good job on writing music for Sonic X-treme, but it would have had a different style than music from past Sonic games.

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

3 (edited by BakaBlake 2018-06-20 06:32:20)

videonerd91 wrote:

Same. That song from the first level of Sonic Spinball makes me feel very nostalgic every time. I feel like he would have done a good job on writing music for Sonic X-treme, but it would have had a different style than music from past Sonic games.

Yeah, but to be frank, every Sonic game nowadays has a different sort of music style, so it wouldn't be that out of place compared to later games if it had been released. Adventure has rock and roll, Unleashed is more orchestral and epic, Forces uses a lot of techno, EDM and dubstep, etc.

Also, you should hear Drossin's Sonic album, Virtual Sonic. It's really good! Makes me wonder if some of those tracks were to be for X-treme...

EDIT: Found out that isn't the case, the tracks were recorded three years prior from when the album was released according to Sonic Retro. Oopsiedoodle.

Actually, it says that they would have only started adding his music once development is near completion.

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

AquaTheYoshi wrote:

Actually, it says that they would have only started adding his music once development is near completion.

I mean, they didn't get the levels right yet until straight before the day of Project Condor, so it would make sense for that to happen.

AquaTheYoshi wrote:

Howard composed demo music for the game, that just never made it into the actual game itself.

It's weird, I know.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here