1 (edited by MetalSonicCD 2017-12-18 15:29:29)

Topic: Do you guys get butt blasted when xtreme is compared to lost world?

I sure do.

Was recently chatting with someone who's somewhat into video games, and we got on the topic of Sonic and lost world. He mentioned how it was similar to Xtreme and how Sega probably took inspiration from it. Now I know here we are all knowledgeable in Xtreme to an extent, but how do normies honestly think Xtreme and Lost world are similar? The only similarity is that you can see some of Xtremes level design as a "cylinder" and lost world has a few cylinder shaped level layouts, but it's not even similar to how Xtreme works gameplay wise.

I just needed to get this off my chest that it triggers my Xtreme autism when people compare LW and Xtreme.

Re: Do you guys get butt blasted when xtreme is compared to lost world?

Completely agreed. It is similar to an extent, and when people say it was inspired, I have to say no.

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

I admit that I compared LW to X-treme.

I think one of the textures is in LW too but AFAIK all the devs never heard of X-treme.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:

I think one of the textures is in LW too but AFAIK all the devs never heard of X-treme.

I wouldn't say all the devs, I mean surely Izuka and the vets know, but any fresh faces maybe.

Also, one of the textures is in LW? Is it a texture from Crystal Frost or something?

MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

I wouldn't say all the devs, I mean surely Izuka and the vets know, but any fresh faces maybe.

Also, one of the textures is in LW? Is it a texture from Crystal Frost or something?

If a texture was reused it was probably upscaled and made HD because the Wii U is way superior in technology to the Saturn, and the lowres textures of X-Treme would seem out of place in the high-poly HD world of Lost World.

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

AquaTheYoshi wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

If a texture was reused it was probably upscaled and made HD because the Wii U is way superior in technology to the Saturn, and the lowres textures of X-Treme would seem out of place in the high-poly HD world of Lost World.

If they were to upscale it and make it HD, why not just make a new texture. joey do you have a link or something, this texture shit is intriguing

MetalSonicCD wrote:
AquaTheYoshi wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:

If they were to upscale it and make it HD, why not just make a new texture. joey do you have a link or something, this texture shit is intriguing

It was almost certainly a coincidence but if you really want to know, the texture is in Windy Hill. You know those parts where Sonic goes on an automated path toward a spring? There are some arrows on the ground that use the texture. The original is in Jade Gully...one of the flowers.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:
AquaTheYoshi wrote:

It was almost certainly a coincidence but if you really want to know, the texture is in Windy Hill. You know those parts where Sonic goes on an automated path toward a spring? There are some arrows on the ground that use the texture. The original is in Jade Gully...one of the flowers.

Can you take two screenshots and show them side-by-side?