Topic: Sonic X-treme world map concept? Idk you decide.

So, I thought of an idea of the "world" map. Well, I'd say it's more of a "solar system" map kek.
The map consists of Mobius in the right hand corner and the different planets (which are the zones) orbiting around the Death Egg. There's a lush forest green coloured planet (Jade Gully), a red sandy planet that sort of looks like Mars (Red Sands), a big floating metropolis with smog being the atmosphere (Metal Blade), an icy planet with a lot of ocean (Crystal Frost) and space station scaffolding around the Death Egg, whatever that means (Galaxy Fortress). The map could be used for a D.A. Garden if that's going to be in the game or maybe just the loading screens. I don't know. Also, the planets will be orbiting around the Death Egg at Sonic walking speed.
This is just a concept I made. Tell me what you think.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

Re: Sonic X-treme world map concept? Idk you decide.

BakaBlake wrote:

So, I thought of an idea of the "world" map. Well, I'd say it's more of a "solar system" map kek.
The map consists of Mobius in the right hand corner and the different planets (which are the zones) orbiting around the Death Egg. There's a lush forest green coloured planet (Jade Gully), a red sandy planet that sort of looks like Mars (Red Sands), a big floating metropolis with smog being the atmosphere (Metal Blade), an icy planet with a lot of ocean (Crystal Frost) and space station scaffolding around the Death Egg, whatever that means (Galaxy Fortress). The map could be used for a D.A. Garden if that's going to be in the game or maybe just the loading screens. I don't know. Also, the planets will be orbiting around the Death Egg at Sonic walking speed.

Pretty neat. Hey, reminding me of Mobius once again: I just remembered about that. SEGA seemed to abandon all previous lore after Unleashed or '06, I just don't get why SEGA decided to stick them on Earth and abandon all lore, seemingly. Anyways, back on topic: pretty nice concept. Don't know if it'll make it, but it surely is a good idea.

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

BakaBlake wrote:

Made me think of this: http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242121103.png

AquaTheYoshi wrote:
BakaBlake wrote:

Pretty neat. Hey, reminding me of Mobius once again: I just remembered about that. SEGA seemed to abandon all previous lore after Unleashed or '06, I just don't get why SEGA decided to stick them on Earth and abandon all lore, seemingly. Anyways, back on topic: pretty nice concept. Don't know if it'll make it, but it surely is a good idea.

Thanks dude.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:
BakaBlake wrote:

Made me think of this: http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242121103.png

What is that? Star Wars for the Atari?

6 (edited by CrazedGunmang96 2017-10-18 17:47:16)

No, it's the world map for Gravitar, still by Atari though, haha. There were Star Wars arcade games by Atari with the same Vector graphics, though:
http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/118/1181242172191.png

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2015/05/1181242172192.png

Now that I think about it, has there ever been any mention of a hub for X-treme officially?

MetalSonicCD wrote:

Now that I think about it, has there ever been any mention of a hub for X-treme officially?

For the Death Egg, sort of.

idk people just post, some shit ideas thinking it will be put into AXSX, i dont think people understand how busy andrew can get, working full time on a fangame is hard.

its nice to see how our favorite games evolved from conception to reality

darkspire17 wrote:

idk people just post, some shit ideas thinking it will be put into AXSX, i dont think people understand how busy andrew can get, working full time on a fangame is hard.

thanks for the compliment
also, i know it's hard to make a fan game. unless you make shit like sonic core or sonic 1: my new life. i don't know if it's going to be in it, but i doubt it is.

i wasent talking about your post, i was talking about some of the people here like smbx and the other underaged users

darkspire17 wrote:

i wasent talking about your post, i was talking about some of the people here like smbx and the other underaged users

oh. then yeah, i agree.

BakaBlake wrote:
darkspire17 wrote:

oh. then yeah, i agree.

Do I count as underage for being 12

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

i mean like the kids that are legitimatly hoping for a port of AXSX to the fucking saturn, that is jusy beyond retardation, sure UNREAL was built to run on the PS1, but not fucking UDK4

darkspire17 wrote:

i mean like the kids that are legitimatly hoping for a port of AXSX to the fucking saturn, that is jusy beyond retardation, sure UNREAL was built to run on the PS1, but not fucking UDK4

If the pc demo was ever acquired (yeah I know), I wonder if it would be possible to port it to the saturn. I'm no JollyRoger, so obviously I don't know, but from what I understand it wasn't easy developing games for the saturn.

16 (edited by toonjoey 2017-11-05 00:03:53)

darkspire17 wrote:

I considered porting levels of AXSX to a custom X-treme Saturn engine that never came to be.

Too ambitious anyway lol.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

darkspire17 wrote:

Wait, it was? I didn't know that! But, to be honest, even if Andrew ported the game over to the actual Unreal Engine 4, which he did recently, I don't think the Saturn would've handled it anyway. The Dreamcast, sure, but not the Saturn. It's a 2D powerhouse trying to be a 3D powerhouse, but ended up being a 3D shithouse instead.

MetalSonicCD wrote:

If the pc demo was ever acquired (yeah I know), I wonder if it would be possible to port it to the saturn.

It maybe could. I mean, it has already been acquired by Jollyroger, but it hasn't been released to the public because of porting failures. That makes me wonder though. Can it work on a Windows 95 emulator?

19 (edited by MetalSonicCD 2017-11-05 06:50:49)

BakaBlake wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:

If the pc demo was ever acquired (yeah I know), I wonder if it would be possible to port it to the saturn.

It maybe could. I mean, it has already been acquired by Jollyroger, but it hasn't been released to the public because of porting failures. That makes me wonder though. Can it work on a Windows 95 emulator?

Sorry, I meant the VHS New worlds pc demo. The one only Ofer alon has. JR has the level editor but not the engine, which is the missing piece of the puzzle that we will probably never get.

MetalSonicCD wrote:
darkspire17 wrote:

If the pc demo was ever acquired (yeah I know), I wonder if it would be possible to port it to the saturn. I'm no JollyRoger, so obviously I don't know, but from what I understand it wasn't easy developing games for the saturn.

I can tell you that when they DID attempt at porting it to the saturn it was laggy as HECK with the fisheye lens. And I'm talking about after they started redoing the engine, THAT as far as it was pretty awful engine was laggy. If they ever were able to port it to the saturn, they would have to get rid of the fisheye. Andrew75 is remaking the PC Engine as it was meant to be, so yeah.

I considered porting levels of AXSX to a custom X-treme Saturn engine that never came to be.

Well here are two AXSX maps running on Stock Saturn Hardware so your dream has come true big_smile
https://youtu.be/x7cW9wgIW00

itsstillthinking1999 wrote:

Well here are two AXSX maps running on Stock Saturn Hardware so your dream has come true big_smile

Those are the original test maps from NEW WORLDS but cool.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

itsstillthinking1999 wrote:

thoes are not AXSX maps, they are from the old Xtreme level package leak

AquaTheYoshi wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:
darkspire17 wrote:

I can tell you that when they DID attempt at porting it to the saturn it was laggy as HECK with the fisheye lens. And I'm talking about after they started redoing the engine, THAT as far as it was pretty awful engine was laggy. If they ever were able to port it to the saturn, they would have to get rid of the fisheye. Andrew75 is remaking the PC Engine as it was meant to be, so yeah.

"heck" family freindly content everyone, lets hope we dont get demonitized

darkspire17 wrote:
AquaTheYoshi wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:

"heck" family freindly content everyone, lets hope we dont get demonitized

No h*cking swearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here