Topic: Sonic Forces Discussion Thread

Hey punks, starting up some chatter here.
Given the recent news of Infinite's theme (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4) and some little snippets of cutscene from the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98), I'd like to know your guys' opinions on the matter.

What do you think of the tone? Classic Sonic's inclusion? The Custom character? Infinite as a character? The gameplay?

I, for one, LOVE the new tone they're giving this game. The writing may not be so good, but it'll certainly be more gripping and serious thatn Sonic Colors/Lost World. (PTSD from Baldy McNosehair... eugh.)
Not too keen on Classic Sonic being there, since we've already got Mania on the way. But who knows, it could be fun.
The custom character looks promising, but it looks a little too 2D platform heavy for my tastes. Where'd the 3D? Isn't this supposed to be the new Modern 3D Sonic game? Then why is it like 85% 2D?

Those are just my thoughts on the matter. I'd love to hear more from you guys!

"Annoyingly long signature so you can tell it's me--uhDURRR" - Every forum user

Re: Sonic Forces Discussion Thread

Infinites theme is so edgy it physically cut me.

I just want more 3D, and for Sega to drop 2D for modern Sonic.

It's unnecessary for 2D Sonic to be in Forces, now that Mania is coming out.

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

I'm very proud of Sonic Team for giving Infinite the "edge" in character. You'd think that they'd be past that whole thing, because of the vast amounts of hate over the whole Shadow the Hedgehog thing, but nope!
They're willing to do something that a lot of people do hate just to please the fans that do like they edgy stuff, and honestly I'm happy for them.

As for the 2D--I guess they're just trying to appeal to all the fans here? Still not necessary though, because we've got Mania.

I'm tired of having "two sonics". There's only one real sonic--he's just grown up and matured.

Basically, Forces is supposed to be a young Sonic fan's wet dream. Full stop.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

BakaBlake wrote:

Not really for me, Mania is the only game that's surpassed my expectations. (And gives me gallons of nostalgia, thanks to me playing the original 3 games first)

BakaBlake wrote:

I think since my first game was Sonic Adventure 2: Battle that I'm going to love it.
My only gripe with it really is the over abundance of 2D, but we've only seen 3 stages so far. I could be wrong.

I can't be the only one who didn't like Sonic Colors, so I'm really really hoping it doesn't play like that.

As in, every usual young Sonic fan on DeviantArt. Sorry, I didn't specify enough lol.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

i n f in i t e d u b s t e p