Re: "The True Meaning of General Discussion"

Rings in Sonic X-treme levels were very scarce.

Besides those were tests anyway.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/33514/4/8.jpg
Horray, I finally did an image. How stupid I am. Anyways, where could this screenshot come from? One thing I can say is that it isn't from the video.

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

videonerd91 wrote:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/33514/4/8.jpg
Horray, I finally did an image. How stupid I am. Anyways, where could this screenshot come from? One thing I can say is that it isn't from the video.

Holy fuck, that's cool.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

29 (edited by Taco of Curiosity 2017-07-07 11:16:31)

Where did you get that article? Also, where is it from?

30 (edited by videonerd91 2017-07-07 11:46:31)

Taco of Curiosity wrote:

Where did you get that article? Also, where is it from?

I found this while looking for a HQ Sonic X-treme cover. This image comes from a French book about Sonic's 25th anniversary, but there is an English version. I wish I had the book.

Hey you, you still don't have a Sega CD? Wha? What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one? Huh. You have seen the games, right? Uhhh. Wrong answer man, show em'. SEGA CD MONTAGEEEEEE!!!!!! WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL Wanna see more? Meow! SEGA!!!!

It's not an actual X-treme screenshot. Level is legit though.

It's purely a mockup put together. Nothin' to see here, folks.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

32 (edited by videonerd91 2017-07-08 12:29:37)

I wish I could see the other levels on that page.

PackageX.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

I never knew how to work it on my PC.

Crystal Frost in invert colors makes it look like an underwater level. Very weird.  hmm

http://img06.deviantart.net/e05c/i/2017/192/a/2/the_fresh_prince_of_bel_air_e_by_videonerd91-dbfyq2r.jpg
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it."

First class, yo, this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmm, this might be alright.

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it."
– "Yo, home to Bel-Air."

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo home smell ya later."
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Hello gentlemen. I would care to tell you guys a story. You see, I was a once a normal kid. I was born in West Philadelphia. I attended school, had friends, read comics, played Basketball, and more. I generally tried to befriend everyone I met, but there was a certain gang in my neighborhood. This gang was nothing but trouble. They teased me and my friends, annoyed me, and more. I tried to be a pacifist, but then they got physical against us. I decided enough was enough. I fought them, it was a pretty tough battle. Despite my best efforts, however, I lost the fight. My mother later found out about the fight. She was not happy. I still specifically remember the first thing she said to me when she first learned about my fight.
"You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air."

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

It wouldn't be a bad place to eat if DJ Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith were performing the song while we're drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass in first class seats jamming on our Walkmans. Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmm, this might be alright.

The screen above might be one of my older AXSX screens . I remember making one like that for jade gully. I could be wrong though. It might just be from Sanik's level viewer too. Would have to look at my screenshot folder to make sure.

AXSX Lead

Andrew75 wrote:

The screen above might be one of my older AXSX screens . I remember making one like that for jade gully. I could be wrong though. It might just be from Sanik's level viewer too. Would have to look at my screenshot folder to make sure.

99% sure that is a screenshot of SANiKs level viewer.

Speaking of a level viewer, I want to make a new level viewer that you can sort of run around the levels in. Nothing fancy like, say AXSX, but a short demo remake of X-treme. With actor stuff, and paths.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

The screen is not from Sanik's viewer, I'm pretty sure that's a screen from an old AXSX Build that I took years ago. I cant find the image any longer but I do remember taking it, or one like it. Is there any way we can get a better screen of that book?

Heres what the level looks like in Sanik's viewer. Lot of differences ....http://i.imgur.com/I0fxnLQ.png

AXSX Lead

On second thought ! no that's not my screen, because I did not have the shadows for the orb trees in yet and did not have the shadow on the water or grass in place yet. this is probably a screen from the original build of Xtreme running on Saturn , or a later version of SANiK's Viewer.

I think we need to try and contact that book publisher to see where they got the screens from.

AXSX Lead

It's either a mockup, or a rip from the LQ NEW WORLDS videos.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

44 (edited by videonerd91 2017-07-13 06:24:20)

https://www.candb.com/en/artwork/2080/s … -sega.html
This is the link to the book.
https://www.sonicstadium.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Leak-pic-1.png
What is the name of this level viewer?

I asked the book publisher the following question: How did you manage to get high quality images of Sonic X-treme? Which program or source did you use?

videonerd91 wrote:

I asked the book publisher the following question: How did you manage to get high quality images of Sonic X-treme? Which program or source did you use?

They're mockups. Again.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
videonerd91 wrote:

They're mockups. Again.

The fact that they're mockups just helps cement Sega doesn't have any of the resources from Xtreme. Cook and becker work pretty close with Sega when it comes to these books. If Sega didn't even have any high quality images to supply, then they must not have anything, or won't let C&B use the images for whatever reason.

Doubt it, though.

MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:
videonerd91 wrote:

They're mockups. Again.

The fact that they're mockups just helps cement Sega doesn't have any of the resources from Xtreme. Cook and becker work pretty close with Sega when it comes to these books. If Sega didn't even have any high quality images to supply, then they must not have anything, or won't let C&B use the images for whatever reason.

Doubt it, though.

And the fact that they don't have resources makes me die a little inside.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

DeviantArt just wasn't my thing, so I created a Twitter account! It's videonerd91 and I do random stuff at random times. Be a 90's nerd, I guess.

Lately, I've been into Sonic X-treme, Pac Man Ghost Zone, and Earthbound 64 for some reason. If only these prototypes could be released some day.
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/jamesemirzianwaldementersoftwareonwikia/images/2/2e/Pacmanghostzone-f.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20161220113559
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRaugzMEPQtPFchizuwEs2CU1cD5EN-vkkd9fmmjvjlBqONnw
http://starmen.net/eb64/title.png