Topic: Spin slash

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this, the spin slash was actually referenced in the Sonic archie comics (Worlds unite 3, specifically)

http://imgur.com/a/bIzp3

Re: Spin slash

Oh nice! Think it was deconfirmed though...

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:

Deconfirmed for AXSX? D:

MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

Deconfirmed for AXSX? D:

No, just the comic.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Whoa, that's insane! Actually, now that I think about it what would the spin slash even do in Xtreme? Be a slightly more powerful jump, spin, spindash attack?

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

AquaTheYoshi wrote:

Whoa, that's insane! Actually, now that I think about it what would the spin slash even do in Xtreme? Be a slightly more powerful jump, spin, spindash attack?

It was a jump attack, I think it was in the fang the sniper boss battle footage. I can't really see a practical use for it in stages,  besides maybe breaking obstacles.

Sorta off-topic but I had an idea where there was a sort of Spindash that used the Spin Slash animation that would be used to defeat certain enemies or break certain obstacles. It would send you flying in the direction you initially chose until you hit a wall or the edge of the map (where Sonic would stop).

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:

Sorta off-topic but I had an idea where there was a sort of Spindash that used the Spin Slash animation that would be used to defeat certain enemies or break certain obstacles. It would send you flying in the direction you initially chose until you hit a wall or the edge of the map (where Sonic would stop).

Yeah I could see it being useful for being like an unstoppable spindash, but you gotta remember practicality. I mean shit, We didn't even see it used once in all of the PC demo VHS footage, so it must have been very situational.

As for breaking objects, the question to ask is why not just let sonic break the block by jumping into them? I don't know, let's see what Andy decides to do with it. I could go either way on it being in or out of AXSX, as it seems more like a novelty that would just be fan service to put in.

MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

Yeah I could see it being useful for being like an unstoppable spindash, but you gotta remember practicality. I mean shit, We didn't even see it used once in all of the PC demo VHS footage, so it must have been very situational.

As for breaking objects, the question to ask is why not just let sonic break the block by jumping into them? I don't know, let's see what Andy decides to do with it. I could go either way on it being in or out of AXSX, as it seems more like a novelty that would just be fan service to put in.

It might be a remake of that Buzzsaw move from Sonic-16. That move was actually pretty cool.

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

The move I described was for a completely different move concept.

It was definitely not implemented in the PC demo VHS stuff because the only sprites we have of them are low resolution.

The spinslash probably would've been a cooler instashield.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
MetalSonicCD wrote:
toonjoey wrote:

The move I described was for a completely different move concept.

It was definitely not implemented in the PC demo VHS stuff because the only sprites we have of them are low resolution.

The spinslash probably would've been a cooler instashield.

I was thinking of doubting that, but then I realised the Insta-Shield gives more attack range to Sonic's jump. Although, to be fair, I do think there would be no point hyping it up in the E3 trailer if that was the case, and the Spin Slash spikes don't go all around Sonic, leading the sides of Sonic's ball form to be as vulnerable as a normal jump.

what I never got was how these metallic spikes appeared. Couldn't they at least be sonic's normal spikes? How is it??

So what my OC/FC is a Yoshi I was a Mario fan longer than I have been a Sonic fan

AquaTheYoshi wrote:

what I never got was how these metallic spikes appeared. Couldn't they at least be sonic's normal spikes? How is it??

Top 10 Questions Scientists Still Can't Answer