Topic: Saturn games?

Does anyone have any ideas for SEGA Saturn games--Homebrew or otherwise? I have Sonic R, Jam and the 2 protos (that don't work properly on Yabause), but I'm bored of playing a low-time racing game while listening to X-treme music...

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

Re: Saturn games?

Hmm clockwork Knight 3 !

AXSX Lead

NiGHTs
XMas NiGHTs
Burning Rangers (Warning: expensive)
Panzer Dragoon Series (they're all good)
Sonic 3D Blast (well, it's better than the Genesis version IMO)
Fighters Megamix (lol the panda and the Hornet car)
Segata Sanshiro (if you can read Japanese)
Bomberman (predominantly multiplayer)

...yeah.

try getting super tempo

G O T T A   R U N   Q U I C K L Y

Mega Man 8.
Daytona USA.
House of the Dead (i reccomend using the Sega Model 2 version, looks better)
Segata Sanshiro (Japanese but eh, I survive)
Street FIghter Games,
Marvel vs Street Fighter.
Sexy Parodius
Radiant Silver Gun
Puyo Puyo Sun

- NOTICE -
I have absolutely no idea how expensive like, all of these are, So keep in mind with that, They're just the ones i own and like..

Fuck it's been along time since posted something, uh, huh, I really need to help out lmao, I've been too busy making my own Saturn game i haven't really done shit >w>

nights is good.
3d blast for saturn is okay but not really fun

SonicXtreme209 wrote:

nights is good.
3d blast for saturn is okay but not really fun

like the mega drive version

also yes, i used mega drive instead of genesis, i'm aussie, deal with it

8 (edited by SMBX2011 2017-02-10 20:55:40)

Sonic 3D Blast (Best 3D Sonic Game)
Sonic Jam (Sonic has supposed to keep his classic design in Sonic Adventure. Sonic World is Sonic Adventure Prototype)
NiGHTS into Dreams
Rayman 1 (My Favorite!  tongue)
Marvel vs Street Fighter

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/Flamey2010/Project%20AXSX%20Forum%20Signature_zpstrqs49ns.png?t=1486940946
http://i.imgur.com/7zkiG.gif

I haven't played too much Saturn lately, but off the top of my head, I really enjoyed Panzer Dragoon and Die Hard Arcade.  I remembed by parents moved into a new house that had one of those 50+ inch rear-projection CRT TVs that the previous owners didn't want to deal with moving.  I played a ton, A TON of Virtua Cop, Scud, and Area 51.  The Saturn's lightgun is crazy accurate, but requires a CRT TV.  If you have one, I highly recommend getting the light gun and some games for it.

I liked Crimewave, but the game has some very noticeable framerate issues which to me makes the game sometime unplayable.

Well, that's all I can remember taking a quick look at some of my games.

Xeniczone wrote:

I haven't played too much Saturn lately, but off the top of my head, I really enjoyed Panzer Dragoon and Die Hard Arcade.  I remembed by parents moved into a new house that had one of those 50+ inch rear-projection CRT TVs that the previous owners didn't want to deal with moving.  I played a ton, A TON of Virtua Cop, Scud, and Area 51.  The Saturn's lightgun is crazy accurate, but requires a CRT TV.  If you have one, I highly recommend getting the light gun and some games for it.

I liked Crimewave, but the game has some very noticeable framerate issues which to me makes the game sometime unplayable.

I didn't mean more shooter-ish stuff I meant like a platformer. Thanks though! I may try them someday...

I guess NiGHTS or PseudoSaturn to play burned stuff is my only option for a Sonic-y style thing.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
Xeniczone wrote:

I didn't mean more shooter-ish stuff I meant like a platformer. Thanks though! I may try them someday...

I guess NiGHTS or PseudoSaturn to play burned stuff is my only option for a Sonic-y style thing.

Ahh.  If that is the case, I'm surprised no one mentioned Bug! and Bug!2.  They are pretty good.  The gameplay is a little stiff though.  Have you ever played Megaman X4?  I use to play X6 on the Playstation a ton.  It was great.  X4 seems to be the same basic engine.

I have Earthwarm Jim 2, but I've never been able to get it to work.  There appears to be a almost invisible chip in the label, but enough must be enough to break the game.  I've heard great things about earthwarm jim.

SCUD the disposable assassin has 2 game modes.  If you have a gun in joystick 1 the game is a "first-person shooter", but if you have a gamepad plugged in, it is a platform game.  I actually never tried it in this mode.  I will probably hook it up later and give it a quick review.  I guess it is still a bit of a shooter though.

Astal is another platformer that Andrew has mentioned to be, but don't tell him that I still haven't played it yet.

Xeniczone wrote:

Ahh.  If that is the case, I'm surprised no one mentioned Bug! and Bug!2.  They are pretty good.  The gameplay is a little stiff though.

Bug! does look good. I've seen footage and some screenshots...love the Sonic reference!

Xeniczone wrote:

Have you ever played Megaman X4?  I use to play X6 on the Playstation a ton.  It was great.  X4 seems to be the same basic engine.

I think I'm going to die for saying this but I never loved the X series. That said I haven't played one in forever.

Xeniczone wrote:

I have Earthwarm Jim 2, but I've never been able to get it to work.  There appears to be a almost invisible chip in the label, but enough must be enough to break the game.  I've heard great things about earthwarm jim.

EARTHWARM JIM
EARTHWORM JIM AFTER GLOBAL WARMING CONFIRMED

JK, I've never played Earthworm Jim before. I want to, and I think with a Saturn I might finally play one...

Xeniczone wrote:

SCUD the disposable assassin has 2 game modes.  If you have a gun in joystick 1 the game is a "first-person shooter", but if you have a gamepad plugged in, it is a platform game.  I actually never tried it in this mode.  I will probably hook it up later and give it a quick review.  I guess it is still a bit of a shooter though.

Oh crap that's neat. I like the idea! I wish more games did that sorta thing...

Xeniczone wrote:

Astal is another platformer that Andrew has mentioned to be, but don't tell him that I still haven't played it yet.

That's fine totally didn't hook him up on Skype.

I've never heard of it...

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

The Saturn Earthwarm Jim is actually the 2nd game, if you want to play the 1st one, well, first, it can be found on pretty much everything.

CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

The Saturn Earthwarm Jim is actually the 2nd game, if you want to play the 1st one, well, first, it can be found on pretty much everything.

EarthWARM Jim.

BakaBlake wrote:
CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

EarthWARM Jim.

Can we get Earthwarm Jim to be a new meme?

No?

Aww, ok.

toG E T H E R
insert lyrics here

toonjoey wrote:
BakaBlake wrote:
CrazedGunmang96 wrote:

EarthWARM Jim.

Can we get Earthwarm Jim to be a new meme?

No?

Aww, ok.

It has a chance to be a meme? Groovy!

http://imgur.com/FIbaLmT